IT Support Technician (onsite)
Leighton Buzzard, GB, LU7 4TL
Contract Type: Full-Time
Working Hours: 37
Employment Type: Regular
IS Support Engineer Analyst/ IT Support Technician
The IS Support Engineer Analyst is a key player to ensure that, in case of a service interruption, the business can return to normal as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will be able to handle multiple tasks, solving them both remotely and predominately onsite. You will be an integral part of the EMEA West IS team whilst partnering with the onsite local GB team.
This role will be office based from our head office in Leighton Buzzard, acting as the onsite resposnible for this office and remotley responsible for our other offices within the UK.
Please take a look at the role criteria below and should you be interested hit apply!
The JobThe focus of this role is to support standard/Non-standard IS applications and services both locally, regionally and virtually according to the agreed service levels plans. You will be responsible for the execution and maintenance of the hardware asset management lifecycle across multiple locations/companies. You will also largely focus on and support both virtual questions and requests (through our online ticketing system- Service Now) along with onsite works and query’s from local stakeholders.
Other role duties include:
- Provide agreed Onsite Services to local businesses following the IS Support Model
- Work on/solve incidents and service/change requests according to agreed Service Levels
- Manage IT hardware stock for responsible companies and perform exchanges according to decided lifecycle
- Use collaboration tools to share information and knowledge with Global IS Colleagues and IS Service owners
- Inform local stakeholders about IT-related changes
- Provide support for local legacy systems
- Execute IT Service Management tools consistently for registering and solving incidents and service/change requests
- Be an active member of global competence groups
- Assist external partners (e.g. HP, Lenovo, …) in onsite installation, fault analysis and troubleshooting.
- Act as the prolonged arm for global IS colleagues at designated Companies
- Participate in dedicated IS Projects and be the contact person for possible local IT Contracts (e.g. Phone Subscriptions)
- Perform IS training for responsible companies and colleagues
- Support the local company with various IT tasks.
- The primary location for the IS Support Engineer Analyst is Leighton Buzzard however within this role you will cover Birmingham, Warrington, Edenbridge, Scotland and Ireland. Therefore some travel may be required.
Who you will be working withWhilst based in the UK, you will be member of the EMEA West team which is part of a Global Grundfos IS and as such has a range of stakeholders to support and work alongside, these include:
- IS Onsite Services, IS Infrastructure Services and Global IS Service Desk.
- Local IS responsible in related companies/locations (IT Buddies)
- Local business stakeholders, These can include a range of employees from sales to engineers.
- External partners
- You will also work closely with the onsite facilities team, ensuring the onsite TV’s, projectors etc. are in order and supporting onsite events where tech is needed.
Could this be you?The ideal candidate will be methodical, self-motivated and solution-oriented. You will enjoy working with people both face to face and online with a strong IT/technical background.
You will be able to plan, organize and priorities, daily work with various ad hoc tasks. Ideally, you will also be able to:
- Adapt and respond to changes with pace
- Cope with pressure, setbacks and ambiguity.
- Deliver results and meet service levels
- Adhere to our Grundfos values and principles
- Follow instructions procedures and processes
- Network, collaborate and share information
- Have a technical degree in IT or equivalent experience
- Ideally, hold a driving license.
Why GrundfosAt Grundfos, we dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world’s water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We believe innovation is not only a business opportunity but an obligation. What really matters to us is not short-term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
Furthermore, we offer:
- 25 Days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Access to internal training and great learning opportunities for individual development
- Access to health and wellbeing initiatives
- Modern and spacious office
- Free parking