Polaris ProductWriter Trainee
Zurich Insurance Plc is currently recruiting for a Polaris ProductWriter Trainee.
The IT team works closely with local Business Change, local subject matter experts and key 3rd parties to deliver and manage IT solutions that support the business strategy of Zurich Ireland. This role may be based in our Dublin or Wexford offices.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the IT Department with responsibilities including:
- Working with pricing and underwriting systems that are an integral our insurance offerings in the broker and direct channels
- Working on a cross functional project team to implement project and BAU enhancements and changes
- Prior experience with Polaris ProductWriter not mandatory
- The position is open to candidates who come from an underwriting background but may not have initial Polaris ProductWriter experience
- Where required full training in Polaris ProductWriter will be provided
As a Polaris ProductWriter your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
Role & Responsibilities:
- Communicate and work effectively with internal teams
- Work directly with Business user to capture document requirements
- Take ownership of developments and manage to assigned deadlines
- Exercise attention to detail in all aspects of performance
- Multitask and think critically under pressure
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation
- Manage release of developments from Dev to UAT to Production
Additional Job Functions:
- Build good working relationships with underwriting and actuarial colleagues
- Build good working relationships with distribution partners (e.g. Brokers and Software Suppliers)
- Build good working relationships with IT team and wider Business users
- Responds maturely to ambiguity and complexity.
Your Skills & Experience
As a Polaris ProductWriter your skills and qualifications will include:
Having one or more of the following technical competencies would be preferable
- Experience with developing in Polaris is preferable. However we would also consider other software development experience or strong underwriting background.
- Experience in MS Office with a focus on Excel skills
- Strong experience in insurance industry and analysing insurance products
- Understanding of underwriting rules and demonstrated ability to understand complex pricing models where requirements can be developed
- Proactive, enthusiastic with a hunger for excellence
- Able to cope with fast moving environment with varying workloads and pressures.
- Ability to think clearly and logically, ability to problem solve and work on own initiative
- A good team worker
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity
- Takes personal responsibility for resolving issues
- Good interpersonal skills and the confidence to deal with other team members and business users
- Works in a systematic, methodical & orderly way
Competencies & Behaviours:
- Demonstrate commitment to corporate values.
- Take accountability for participating in the Performance management cycle.
- Take action to improve performance on the job.
- Take action to manage own personal development.
- Approach tasks with a ‘Can Do’ attitude,
Primary work can be Dublin or Wexford based but occasional travel may be required to other Zurich locations.
Some benefits include: Training & development opportunities; Staff Pension Scheme; Sports and Social Club; Bike to work/Tax Saver; Bicycle Parking & Shower Facilities; and more.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
Who we areZurich is one of Ireland's leading insurance companies providing a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. The company employs over 1,000 people across its locations in Dublin and Wexford.
Zurich is a strong brand – with our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich, we foster a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our purpose and values are designed to protect, inspire confidence and help our employees reach their full potential. We value and defend what is right and promote opportunities for equity among our professionals, regardless of gender, disability, LGBTQ +, race, ethnicity, generations, belief, etc. Join Zurich and be part of this culture. Together we are committed to delivering on our purpose - Let’s Create a Brighter Future Together!