SummaryPosted: 28 Jun 2022
[Role is based in Tokyo, Japan] Join the team in Tokyo that engineers Siri and other cloud based services for international markets! Our team is primarily responsible for making Siri the best worldwide digital assistant. Teaching Siri how to understand and speak new languages is the main goal of our team, together with designing and implementing a highly locally customized experience for our users. We are a deeply diverse and passionate group dedicated to bringing the future of intelligent assistants to the world. We are looking for a highly motivated Taiwanese speaking engineer, with strong software engineering skills and high sensibility for foreign languages and cultures.
- Native speaker fluency (or comparable) in Taiwanese Mandarin and ability to work in an English-speaking environment
- Strong Software Engineering Fundamentals.
- Proficiency in at least one Object-Oriented programming language.
- Experience with one or more version control systems.
- Familiarity with machine learning methods for classification, regression, or ranking problems.
- Knowledge of Text Processing and NLP techniques.
- Analytic mindset and obsession for data.
- Outstanding problem solving and critical thinking skills and getting-things-done attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, team player mentality and collaborative in nature.
We are looking for someone with a proven ability to be creative, who can take ownership of a project, has superior technical expertise, and a knack for solving problems that stump most engineers. Having worked on shipping products and being familiar with the rush to the finish line is highly desired. This is an opportunity to lastingly shape the future of human-computer interaction, and walk the state-of-the-art of a nascent field. Specific responsibilities will include: - Engineering Natural Language Processing (NLP) components specific to your language. - Using the power of large amount of data to tackle complex NLP and machine learning problems. - Leading data annotation efforts and define language specific representations, conventions and techniques. - Analyzing data and making data driven decisions to improve the localized user experience. - Automating, scripting and integrating workflow from diverse systems. - Providing insights and suggestions towards innovative new approaches and new product features tailored to your home market. - Developing creative solutions to complex issues. - Interacting with other teams at Apple working towards the same goal; from Speech Recognition Specialists, Data Scientists and Speech Synthesis engineers.
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
B.S/MSc in Computer Science, or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Desired (but not required) experience/skills:
- Consistent record in shipping user-facing products and features to international markets
- Demonstrated ability to write thoughtful, maintainable code under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Practical work experience in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning or related sub-fields
- Proven ability of using creative approaches for solving complex problems
- Quick prototyping, scripting, and tool development (Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, …)
- Interest in diversity and cultural differences, and how they affect user experience