Are you equally passionate about developing people and products? Do you get excited to see happy and dedicated colleagues make an actual difference to customers? Are you motivated by the 360° responsibility of an independent product and team, but enjoy the backing of one of the most solid and successful SaaS companies in the Nordics? Yes? Then this should be the job for you…
Sproom is an independent product and team within the Visma e-conomic organisation. We provide electronic invoicing services for ERPs, enterprises and integration partners in Denmark. The product team owns the service from A-Z and are responsible for all product and engineering aspects, from CI/CD to feature development and secure operation of existing services.
In this role you will be managing the development team, composed currently of 6 strong and motivated full-time software engineers. You will be responsible for career development and growth of your team members, but you will also be responsible for expanding the team with new employees. Your stakeholders will look to you to ensure a professional and well-oiled team that consistently delivers great customer value. You will work in lockstep with the product manager of Sproom and you will form strong peer relationships with other engineering managers in our larger development organisation.
In this role you will…
- Manage and develop the career of your team members
- Actively work with recruitment of new team members
- Refine, plan, execute and deliver great customer value, together with the other ‘Sproomers’
- Continuously look for ways to strengthen our way of working and delivering software to the market
- Ideally, spend 20% of your time writing code and shipping it to production
- Promote our values of being Entrepreneurial, Responsible, Dedicated and Inclusive through your actions
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience managing and developing software engineers into stars
- Proven track record of setting up high performing teams
- The energy, enthusiasm and appetite to tackle a complex product domain
- Experience and appetite for working with distributed teams
- Experience with developing software. Preferable in C#, but experience with any programming language will do, if you are otherwise the right candidate
About the teamThe team is composed of six full time employees, all of whom are software engineers. The team members are located in CET and EET time zones across Denmark, Poland and Romania. We are also looking at hiring in Portugal and Slovakia. The Engineering Manager position is required to be Copenhagen-based.
The team has a strong coherence and consistently proves to be motivated and dedicated and eager to learn new things. All while having fun and keeping an open and honest approach to everything we do.
We like to ship code early and often, and do small and frequent iterations. We fully own our own services, from idea conception till supporting and operating them in production. We run a modern stack and care about being ahead of the curve on tooling and technologies. But yes, we also have our fair share of debt :-)
What you can expect from us…
- An ambitious and fun work culture
- Very high focus on and respect for work/life balance
- Flexibility to work from where you want to. From home. The office. The local coffee shop. You decide. But your other Copenhagen-based colleagues would probably miss you if you’re never at the office
- As much responsibility as you want and are ready take
- 2 hack days per month and great options for professional growth
- An informal and casual atmosphere with plenty of social activities
ApplicationWho is better to tell us more about you, than you? Please send an application by sharing your CV. If you have questions related to the role or recruiting process, please reach out to Recruitment Partner Mette Kvist at email@example.com. Interviews are held on an ongoing basis.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
About SproomWe are developing and running the leading service for electronic invoicing in Denmark. More than 45.000 companies and individuals depend on our platform to deliver their payment requests. We therefore send and receive invoices worth a total of more than 8 billion DKK. Our ambition is to become the preferred infrastructure provider for electronic documents in our market and rapidly transform the playing field for electronic invoicing.
About Visma e-conomicWe build and design a cloud-based accounting product that helps companies run their businesses. More than +160.000 happy customers use our product on a regular basis. We have more than 300 employees from +25 nationalities.
We are located in Carlsberg Byen together with all Visma's companies in the Metropolitan area. The 20,000 m² building is the largest commercial building in Carlsberg Byen with room for over 1100 employees, and is within walking distance of S-trains and the metro. Our building includes roof terraces, cafes, restaurant, fitness, courtyards and an atrium. Our home in Carlsberg Byen will be a place for knowledge and innovation, which contributes to Visma remaining one of the most attractive workplaces in Denmark.