Want to drive our DevOps adoption journey ?
You will be responsible for our DevOps platforms and standards and the way it is experienced by developers and operators. You will have the opportunity to influence our DevOps adoption journey using GitHub Enterprise from the very beginning and to drive it into your desired direction.
What you will do
Zurich Switzerland is currently accelerating its DevOps and cloud adoption and you have the opportunity to shape that journey. We build new business capabilities and actively migrate existing applications to the cloud, primarily to AWS and Microsoft Azure using IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings. As part of this we are actively transforming the way we work by adopting DevOps and agile principles and by leveraging innovations and capabilities cloud technologies and modern development platforms offer to us.
Come and join our team of highly motivated DevOps and cloud engineers. Together we are building a modern agile development platform based on GitHub Enterprise, Azure DevOps and Atlassian tools and tailor it to our development practices and our DevOps culture. Together with application teams we define on-premise and cloud-native solutions using agile principles.
- Listen to our customers, understand their needs and deliver tailored solutions
- Tailor our DevOps platforms together with our implementation partners
- Develop, change and harvest DevOps capabilties, standards and patterns
- Onboard application teams to our DevOps platforms
- Perform reviews for application and operations teams and provide recommendations on how to increase DevOps maturity
- Activly communicate changes to the DevOps platforms to the local organization
- Measure DevOps adoption in the organization
- Align DevOps capabilities and standards with product vendors, enterprise architecture, global units, IT operations and application teams
- Act as DevOps evangelist and promote adoption across the organization
- Lead our DevOps community of practice (CoP)
What you bring
- Passionate about technology, solution-oriented, and thrive on solving complex problems
- Experienced in building and maintaining a DevOps platform at enterprise level (preferably GitHub Enterprise or Azure DevOps)
- Experienced in transforming application and operation teams to adopt DevOps and agile practices
- Experienced in IaC, security and automation tools (e.g., Terraform, Helm, Ansible, SonarQube, Veracode, Qualys)
- Experienced in public Cloud environments (ideally Azure or AWS)
- Experienced with container management solutions (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders in business and IT (including developers) with proven capability of building and managing relationships
- Fluent in English
Talent Acquisition Consultant: Justine Faust ()
Full time and par time: 80-100%
Hybrid work: up to 0-70% possible
We look forward to receiving your online application - even without a cover letter.
You are welcome to convince us of your motivation in a personal meeting.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich, we foster a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our purpose and values are designed to protect, inspire confidence and help our employees reach their full potential. We value and defend what is right and promote opportunities for equity among our professionals, regardless of gender, disability, LGBTQ +, race, ethnicity, generations, belief, etc. Our talent acquisition and hiring processes respect this commitment daily. Join Zurich and be part of this culture.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.