Are you curious about how hackers work and how the attackers succeed? Do you like to defend systems against them? Do you like being a superhero, fighting crime and solving puzzles?
Then this job is for you!
Visma Security Team is looking for passionate and skilled Cyber Security Analysts in conducting security monitoring and analyzing logs/traffic/incidents, investigating attacks, escalating and understanding vulnerabilities, and developing countermeasures in a young, dynamic and welcoming team.
You will be a member of the Security Team, where your skills and contributions to manage Visma security will be highlighted. You must love to innovate, be open to change and continuous learning, analyze data, improve detection and to help team members and receive help from them. The team is international so you will use English both written and spoken.
If the descriptions above fit you, and you can check several of the following bullets, Visma can offer you very interesting work and competitive terms.
The current position is located in Sibiu, Timișoara or Iași.
- Relevant experience in:
- Operating systems and computer networks administration
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure, networks, databases and systems in relation to information security and risk management
- Knowledge in web application security
- Knowledge in security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography
- Knowledge in monitoring networks using a variety of tools to identify potential intrusions
- In-depth technical knowledge within information security areas:
- Intrusion detection and monitoring
- Security Incident Response
- Knowledge in implementing security solutions, vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments is an advantage
Communication & Relationship Skills
- Good English knowledge, oral and written
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Autonomous, reliable and a good team player
- Master/Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in the field of Information Technology & Communication, Information Technology, Computer Engineering etc.
- Able to deliver tasks and projects on time
- Able to follow instructions and routines
Nice to have
- Entry level certifications like CompTIA Security+, CEH, CISSP, eJPT, LPI-C 1 etc.
- In depth knowledge of processes, research and performance analysis capabilities
- Problem solving mindset
- Understanding the IT Service industry as well as the relevant marketplace
- Effectively cope with change; comfortably adjust to alterations in work activities; able to decide and act with limited information; effectively handle risk and uncertainty in ambiguous situations
- Fast learner - research capabilities for obtaining required information.
- Would like to work primarily with information security technologies and processes
- Conduct monitoring, operations and control tasks in regards to Security Operations Center (SOC) activities
- Contributes in security incident response activities
- Performs vulnerability testing, risk analysis and security assessments
- Finds and documents new ways to solve existing production security issues
- Contributes to security best practices, ISO compliance and new security standards
- Assists in security training and awareness activities
- Contributes to security programs for the organization
- Attends conferences and trainings as required to maintain proficiency
- Actively contribute to further developing of the Security Department in cooperation with the Team Manager and Department Manager
- Referring difficult or complex issues to more experienced staff
Why Visma?In addition to working alongside very talented people, we also offer a wide range of benefits that you can take advantage of.
- Capture the flag competitions internal and external
- Awesome team buildings
- Fairness and predictability;
- Ongoing career development;
- Company holiday apartments in Spain and France;
- Attractive salary and benefits package (13th salary, medical insurance, pension PIII, seniority bonus, referral bonus, other bonuses for special events, Bookster subscription, meal tickets, monthly budget for flexible benefits)
- And, of course, lots of coffee and cake.
How to applyPlease apply directly on this page using the “Apply now” button and use the pdf version of your documents.
If any problem appears in this process, you can contact us directly on the following email email@example.com.
If you enjoyed the puzzle please provide details how you solve it within a pdf report provided during the position application.
You made it till here! Below you have some details about the Team and Visma. Know us and you will want to join us!
Security TeamThe Security Team drives the Visma corporate governing model, oversees information security to ensure the objectives of the organization are achieved.
In addition, it provides a powerful link between an organization’s governing body, management and those responsible for implementing and operating an information security management system.
Security Team is organized in multiple teams with different skill sets and it provides the opportunity to explore many areas of the Information Security field such as Incident Response, Pentesting, DevSecOps etc.
At the core of a successful Security Operations Center is a strong foundation for operational excellence driven by well-designed and executed processes, strong governance, capable individuals and a constant drive for continuous improvement to stay ahead of the cyber adversaries.
The Security Team supports business objectives and effectively improves a company’s risk posture. A truly effective Security Team is one that provides a safe environment for the business to deliver on its core objectives in line with its strategic direction and vision.
The Security Team is designed to collect, integrate, and analyze alarms and logs from Visma siloed organizations, providing much greater situational awareness. Additionally, the Security Team allows a transition to an intelligence-driven approach to security incident management, which is much more effective for handling advanced threats.
Visma Security Team provides significant value to organization security through:
- Real-time intelligence
- Unified security incident management
- Optimization of security resources
- Improved threat analysis across utility domains
- Unified configuration/patch standardization
- More efficient forensics and root cause analysis
- Governance of risk compliance
- Security monitoring and security events management
- Monitoring of security policies compliance
About VismaWith more than 15.000 employees across 24 countries, Visma is one of Europe’s leading technology companies. We deliver software that simplifies and digitises core business processes in the private and public sector. By helping over a million customers run their businesses every day, we give companies a competitive edge and individuals time to focus on what they love. Our team of over 6,500 developers focuses on innovating and creating software that helps organisations run better while building a more sustainable future.
The company has offices in 3 locations: Sibiu (Headquarter), Timisoara and Iasi (opened in 2021) and plans to continue the growth trend for the upcoming years.