Do you have a commercial mindset and get energy from working with people? Are you structured and do you love to advise others when it comes to the organization and planning of meetings and events?
Your mission, should you choose to accept it…As our brand-new Meeting & Events Coordinator Intern, you support in driving commercial results for all our revenue streams and coordinate the Meeting & Event bookings for our locations Rotterdam, Delft, and The Hague.
No one does it better when it comes to selling the TSH concept and all of our products and services to our guests. You’ll make sure that people will easily find us and come to connect in our hotel to experience our ‘one of a kind’, unique spaces. You’ll be working to sell our meeting rooms, our awesome hotel rooms or a fabulous dinner at our restaurant. On top of that, your goal is to make each guest return and you do this by delivering the best TSH guest-experience.
In case you don’t know who we are (ahem):TSH is a game-changer. Our unique hybrid hotel concept offers student accommodation as well as long and short stay options for students-at-heart, together with epic facilities and exciting coworking spaces. You can already find The Student Hotel in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, France and Spain. And with still to be opened properties in Madrid, Barcelona and Toulouse, our unique hospitality concept is truly taking root in the heart of Europe.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll assist with answering questions and making bookings for our Commercial Partnerships. This happens through various channels such as: telephone, third parties and e-mails.
- You’ll help with the development of customer accounts to drive business into TSH Rotterdam, Delft, and The Hague properties and to increase market/customer share in all revenue streams.
- You’ll work within current business strategies and recognizing potential opportunities.
- From admin to hosting, you’ll do it all. You’ll prepare, update and file all correspondence.
- You’ll prepare the meeting & events functions sheet with completed final and accurate details for our banqueting department.
- You’ll host meetings together with the banqueting department/stakeholders.
- You’re responsible for maintaining an effective follow-up system to secure business and provide an after sales service in order to secure repeat business.
- You’ll assist our heroes in Finance to ensure a smooth ride - from invoicing down to payments.
- You’ll compile statistics and reporting for our cluster management and commercial teams.
- You’ll support with the creation and roll out of the local commercial strategy.
Who You Are:
- You’re currently enrolled in university.
- You’re fluent in Dutch and English with excellent communications skills (verbal as well as written).
- You have a positive, can-do attitude towards working within a team.
- You’re highly organised and with a high level of attention to detail.
- You’re a multi-tasker with strong problem-solving skills and a hands-on mentality
- You’re sales driven and commercially savvy. Cross and upselling is a second nature to you.
- You’re extremely guest and service oriented.
- You're studying within the EU.
What We Offer:
- An amazing work environment with a fantastic vibe and lots of positive energy.
- On the job coaching and guidance.
- Monthly compensation for your internship.
- The opportunity to work and learn at a dynamic, young, international organisation; we’re a real game changer in the hospitality industry.
- A first glimpse into the world of Hospitality with one of the most innovative players in the market.
- Access to the amazing TSH facilities, including our awesome restaurant and gym. And did we mention you also get a discount on Hotel stays and Food and Drinks?
- A wonderful workplace to call home with, dare we say it, fun colleagues.
We want you to be you. You have your own style; tattoos are cool, and your hair is yours, not ours. Basically, we don’t want to change who you are because we think the best hospitality comes from people who can be themselves and show our guests their personality. Our team is diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, culture and personality type. That’s what makes our team so special.