Travel Required:Relocation Provided:
Job Posting End Date: Not Available
Shift:Job Description Summary:
Perform physicochemical, sensory or microbiological testing supporting troubleshooting, consumer complaint, quality assurance, sustainability, research and development.
Proactively participate in projects aimed at improving lab’s capability, efficiency, and quality.
Key Result Area:
- Perform analysis using proper techniques, including samples preparation, instrumental analysis, and result reporting (in LIMS).
- Review data to ensure accuracy of data and analytical processes in control. Data reviewing may include database queries, statistical process control check, correlation studies, notebook review, and/or traceability exercises.
- Organize workflow and task schedules to maximize individual, team and laboratory efficiency.
- Participate in all relevant quality/occupational health & safety/environment (QEOSH) activities, such as, continuous improvements, internal/external audits, standard operating procedures preparation, compulsory training, etc.
- Conducts technical communication internally and externally on testing and related subject matter.
- Conduct review of scientific literature, regulations, or other sources in order to understand future business needs, maintain and improve laboratory capability/expertise and identify appropriate analytical techniques for further studies
- Designs, conduct and/or review experiments for method development transfer and validation
Job Requirements & Qualifications
Core Competency – Growth Behavior
- Keep seeking, never settle.
- Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
- Make it happen.
- True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
- Push for progress, not perfection.
- There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete
- Include, value and trust each other.
- We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn’t enough. We need genius.
- Analytical sciences: Have formal education with solid knowledge on analytical technologies such as physicochemical, microbiological or sensory testing techniques, advanced instrument analysis such as chromatography, mass spectrometry, FT-IR, SEM or PCR etc. Knowledge of quality systems.
- Data analysis & problem solving: Use statistics tools for data analysis. Independently collect and integrate information for problem solving in daily work or in projects.
- Method development: Independently executes protocol(s) supporting the method development or transfer. Reviews and interprets data and generates method validation reports.
- Industry & system knowledge: Have knowledge of food/beverage industry.
- Technical communication: Communicate vocally or verbally with technical or non-technical colleagues to deliver analytical information for good business decisions;
- Project management: Project management skills, especially time and priorities management.
Knowledge & ExperienceSolid fundamental knowledge on chemistry, biology or food science etc. with working experience in an analytical laboratory, preferably experience on advanced instrumental analytical techniques
Education & Professional QualificationsBachelor’s degree or above in science preferably in a chemistry-related field
Language RequirementsFluent in oral and written Chinese and English.
Travel Requirements2. 5-50% of work time under normal conditions
The above is intended to describe the general content for and requirements of this job. It is not intended as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities.
Skills:Chemistry, Communication, Continuous Improvement (CI), Data Collections, Data Entry, Environmental Compliance, Environmental Science, Food Safety and Sanitation, Green Solutions, Kaizens, Laboratory Testing, Leadership, Problem Resolutions, Product Development, Quality Control (QC), Recordkeeping, Researching
Functional Skills: Add functional skills used in assessment process (legal requirement)
- Perform basic testing of materials at a high level of throughput using the required microbiological, chemical, analytical methodology according to quality guidelines, with supervision.
- Basic Analytical Chemistry: Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis.
- Understand theory and application of instrumental analysis to analyze ingredients and other substances; leverage LIMS systems for data collection, review and release.
Skills: Chemistry, Food Safety And Quality Assurance (FSQA), Problem Troubleshooting, Reporting