Internship - Data Analytics for Internal Audit
Business Department: Board of Directors
Partners Group is a global private markets investment manager, serving over 1,000 institutional investors. We have USD 127 billion in assets under management and more than 1,600 professionals across 20 offices worldwide. We realize potential in private markets by financing and developing great companies, desirable real estate and essential infrastructure. We create value in our investments through active and long-term responsible ownership.
What it's aboutTo strengthen the data capabilities of our Group Internal Audit team in Zug, Switzerland, we are looking for team players who have an interest in both technology and private markets. From exploring and analysing complex data in Python, programming automated checks, to interacting with specialized operational teams spread across the world, it is a great opportunity to develop in a truly dynamic environment.
In this position, you will perform a wide range of data related tasks, from extraction, manipulation, analysis and visualisation of structured and unstructured data. In addition, you will lead smaller internal audits across a broad range of areas and take full responsibility for all phases of the engagements. You will have regular interactions with management and senior staff members across our organization as well as other members of our internal audit team globally.
- Supports the Internal Audit team in a wide range of data-related topics, among others extraction from different applications and databases, cleaning and transformation, outlier identification, statistical analysis, and data visualisation
- Applies cutting-edge technology like machine learning and AI to bring the Internal Audit's data capabilities to the next level
- Creates automated data checks and control routines to enable fact finding on internal audits
- Effectively delivers the assigned spot checks (across a range of business areas and activities) with supervision of Audit Manager/Senior Manager timely and in line with internal and industry standards
- Leads or co-leads meetings (spot checks and other meetings) and discussions with stakeholders (peers, auditees, and Cell Leaders) to achieve audit objectives
- Effectively delivers assigned development projects contributing towards team's vision and purpose, and actively identifies and presents development opportunities for the Group Internal Audit function
- Actively contributes to foster teamwork and flawlessly completes assigned tasks
What we expect
We are looking for a curious and self-motivated individual with strong desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment where self-initiative, teamwork and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued.
Skills of a successful candidate include:
- At least Bachelor's degree in Data Science/Data Analytics or equivalent
- Proficiency in Excel and Python (including common DA packages), VBA is a plus
- Sound experience and interest in IT and technology
- Good Project management skills
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Team player who is enthusiastic, motivated to learn and detailed oriented
What we offer
- Entrepreneurial, multi-cultural and international working environment
- Growth-oriented entrepreneurial culture with significant development opportunities
- Frequent interaction and visibility to senior management
- Learning the business from some of the world’s leading private markets experts
Job Segment: Internal Audit, Analytics, Audit, Finance, Management