It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
In a step towards a greener future, we are developing the Control System for our Offshore Wind Turbines, with the goal of a reliable system. To support us in this goal we are using agile methods as well as implementing systems engineering approaches.
How to contribute to our visionFor our Nacelle Technology Development department within Offshore Technology, we are looking for an experienced design engineer who can be a part of our Bearing team based in Brande, Denmark.
As a design engineer, you will be responsible for the design of the main bearing system for our next generation SGRE offshore wind turbines. You will need to be agile and strong in conceptualizing new design solutions and follow them through to prototyping and serial production in close collaboration with the structural and application specialists within the Bearing team. Your work will be carried out with other design engineers in our Nacelle Technology Development department, where new products and technologies are designed, developed, matured, and tested.
You will maintain the following responsibilities
- Design of our Main Bearing system with emphasis on the early product development stages.
- Close collaboration with bearing application specialists and structural engineers on design solutions.
- Deliver CAD geometries for our structural design iterations.
- Drive technical solutions and reviews with internal design team and multiple sub-suppliers and solution providers.
- Designing to requirements such as functionality, robustness, cost effectiveness, etc.
- Design for manufacturing, assembly and service requirements.
- Drive design changes and findings during prototyping phase.
What you need to make a difference
- Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change.
- Good knowledge in the area of design, preferably wind turbine and/or bearing structures.
- Experience in developing concepts for mechanical components and drawings.
- Experience in design of bolted/welded and forged/casted constructions.
- Experience in designing piping and routings (e.g. for lubrication systems).
- Good knowledge of specifying realistic tolerances using GPS/GD&T.
- Good understanding of FMEA and Risk Assessments.
- Exposure to International standards on safety and mechanical design.
- Knowledge on mechanical CAD design tools (NX, Catia or similar).
- Good collaboration skills between both design engineers and structural engineers.
- A strong technical mindset.
- Curiosity towards finding better/smarter ways of working.
- Working methodically and keeping track of what has been done throughout a development project.
- The ability to work in a team environment that demands synergy and cooperation. Strong coordination and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Motivation by making things happen and taking pride in keeping people informed and updated on progress.
- Proficient English, both written and spoken, is a must.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
To become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more.
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Thomas Lehrmann Christiansen (email@example.com).
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link:
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.