Location(s): United States of America
Travel Required: 00% - 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Job Posting End Date: Not Available
Shift:Job Description Summary:
The Sanitarian is responsible for the implementation of the sanitation programs, policies, and procedures to ensure the plant facilities maintain the appropriate level of sanitation and hygiene. Engages plant personnel to ensure successful program adoption and provides technical expertise. Responsible for assessing, recommending, and implementing continuous improvement based on audit results.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct sanitation investigations; create cleaning routines, train operations associates, and audit new processes and cleaning routines in the areas of GMP, GLP, sanitation methods, pest control, and master sanitation.
- Evaluate current GMP and sanitation procedures, modify as necessary to meet standard, and implement cleaning standardization methods to improve line efficiencies to ensure quality and food safety.
- Review current processes, procedures and work instructions for sanitation practices required for each area and equipment.
- Train management and operators on sanitation procedures and GMP policies, processes and requirements to insure compliance.
- Work with 3rd party vendors, i.e. Eco lab, to ensure usage of proper procedures and materials to maintain compliance with corporate policy and safety standards.
- Utilize vendors expertise to improve sanitation, chemical, and pest control to ensure proper use and optimization.
- Understand and support chemical inventory to ensure the right quantities are on site.
- Ensure chemicals are correctly labeled.
- Conduct sanitation, 5S, and pest control audits to identify areas for sanitation quality improvements based on audit results.
- Track the facility MSS Program and reports; make corrections to program based on audit findings and corporate policy.
- Generate and track work orders
- Perform SAP transactions as needed
- Lead, organize, track, and report on projects as assigned
- Perform document review as required
- Able to identify deficiencies within area of responsibility and implement or recommend appropriate corrective actions
- Comply with all standard security and safety practices, company rules and policies
- Read, understand, and comply with MSDS sheets
- Recommend and develop new procedures, work instructions, work aid needed and/or make recommendations for updating existing documents.
- Process Improvement: Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement. Ability to analyze business processes and develop systems-based solutions that will improve current state
- Business Etiquette: Ability to communicate with others, via telephone or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport. This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.
- Database and System Knowledge: The knowledge and skills required to access and collect data via Company-approved databases or the Internet. This includes the ability to complete electronic forms, produce accurate reports, conduct investigative research, explain data and communicate results. This includes maintaining current knowledge and keeping up with new releases.
- Resource Knowledge: Knowledge of internal and external tools and resources available to accomplish tasks and achieve results
- Knowledge Transfer: Ability to learn and train others on the use of Company-related or department-specific equipment and assets (i.e. transcription equipment, pagers, cell phones, databases, KO Need, Lotus Notes libraries). This includes the ability to present information in a logical manner and check for understanding to ensure transfer of knowledge and skills.
- Safety Procedures: Knowledge of and ability to proactively recognize and report safety issues or incidences and maintain a clean, safe work environment (e.g., customer safety, keeping work aisles clear, sanitary health practices, proper placement of tools and machinery, etc.)
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Must be able to demonstrate project management procedures, work instructions, and forms creation.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to understand and follow directions.
- Must be able to demonstrate good attendance.
- Ability to read equipment operations manuals.
- Ability to recognize material and product defects.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Must have manual and finger dexterity.
- Must have strong PC skills and a working knowledge of computerized plant operating systems.
- Must be able to participate in job development training (i.e. trouble-shooting), and must be able to cross-train on all warehouse/material equipment.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Work is performed in high-speed bottling and production environment.
- Work requires exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, working around moving equipment, tanks, heights, wet conditions, fumes, vibrations, dust, etc.
- Working hours must be flexible with the ability to work all shifts and extended hours as required.
- Personal protective equipment – safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection.
- MSDS sheets.
- Handcart, hand tools, measuring instruments, equipment operations manuals, calculator, communications radio, computer and/or software.
Skills:Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.