At Zenefits, our mission is to level the playing field for the other 99.7%— the underserved small and mid-size businesses that fuel our economy. These businesses face challenges disproportionate to their size and resources. That’s why we provide an intuitive, mobile, all-in-one People Operations ("POPs") platform specifically built for small businesses and their employees.
Who should apply:At this time, we are not actively hiring for this position, however, we are always accepting applications for future openings.
As a Tax Services Specialist at Zenefits, you'll have the opportunity to be an integral part of a team working towards the shared goal of developing a revolutionary payroll product coupled with providing world-class service to our clientele.
We are currently looking for the right motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Zenefits Payroll Tax Team. As a key member of Payroll Services, you will help us in our objective of building the most effortless and integrated payroll service on the market. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, takes pride in their work, and can handle the ever-changing and fast-paced environment of a startup with huge expectations and ambitions. Additionally, this individual possesses the ability to maintain a forward-thinking attitude and work alongside leadership to identify efficiency opportunities to daily operations and seamlessly execute initiatives for improvement.
What you'll do:
- Perform in-depth tax notice research spanning across all 50 states as needed for resolution of payroll tax-related client concerns
- Serving as a subject matter expert to provide continued guidance and support on general tax questions to clients - both internally and externally
- Developing advanced skills in tax agency correspondence in order to perform in-depth research relating to tax filings and payment status in agency portals
- Process payroll correction requests submitted by clients and any associated amendments to the respective tax agencies
- Liaise between region owners of tax filings and key individuals in customer support to work towards a system of proactive resolutions and mitigating client concerns overall
- Collaborate with key stakeholders internally for continued training and development of other internal payroll teams
- Developing advanced understanding of workflows relating to client tax funds
- Ability to understand payroll calculations and reporting in order to reconcile client payroll data
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Emphasis or certifications in payroll accounting, business administration preferred
- 1+ year of payroll administration experience preferred
- Prior experience working with Salesforce CRM system, Atlassian product suite, G-Suite marketplace, Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Fast learner who’s eager to dive into the complex world of taxes
- Collaborative team player who’s willing to jump in and help colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to go the extra mile for customers
- Strong customer service background with an ability to talk through complex payroll topics with customers directly
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, prioritize multiple urgent tasks, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment with extremely tight deadlines