AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics and cell and gene therapies. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply, Right, On time. For more information, visit .
We have an exciting opportunity for an Analytical Scientist to join the Research and Development Center (RD Center) team at AGC Biologics. This is a great opportunity to develop the high-throughput analytical methods to characterize intermediates and final drug substances from mammalian or microbial manufacturing process. The efforts will be through internal laboratory development, and collaborations with the global AGC Biologics RD network in US, Japan, and Europe. Additionally, this position is responsible for the transfer and implementation of new analytical technologies to the global Process Development (PD) and Quality Control (QC) operations.
- Major responsibilities include: Perform protein analytical assay development with emphasis on high-throughput technologies, including HPLC/UPLC, CE-SDS, Octet, LabChip, etc., provide internal process analytical supports, and manage method transfer to global process development and QC teams.
- Fully participating in the design and execution of experiments aimed at delivering on the Center’s vision, under the supervision of the Center Vice President and in collaboration with AGC Biologics PD personnel.
- Working collaboratively with AGC Biologics global PD groups, and Japan R&D Center to share equipment and expertise
- Evaluate external analytical technologies and manage external collaboration projects
- Lab management (e.g. coordinating instrument training and maintenance, consumable ordering)
- Day-to-day operations required to support the analytical development work at the R & D Center
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated, organized and proactive.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in analytical method development for the characterization of protein therapeutics in biotech industry
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, including the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced cross functional environment.
- Strong data management skills and attention to detail in the execution and documentation of studies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to integrate complex data to produce clear and accurate reports and presentations.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- The preferred candidate should have Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, microbiology or related fields with 0-5
years of relevant experience, M.Sc. or Bachelor degree in the above disciplines with 5+ years of relevant
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.