Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
Our vision is to be our customer’s preferred partner through relentless innovation of industrial tools and services that help them safely and reliably tackle their toughest jobs around the world.
Our corporate office is located across from a beautiful park, and we have many exciting perks including a robust wellness program, scholarships and tuition reimbursement, and flexible working hours. We also have a newly updated café and an on-site gym with a personal trainer. For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
Position Title: IT Engineer – Service DeskShift: First
Summary:The IT Engineer - Service Desk role will provide support and maintenance to our end users regarding IT systems at our Enerpac business sites. This person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required. Activities include: installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and software to ensure an optimal system. This position must develop and maintain good working relationships, resolve problems, and positively influence others in order to successfully produce customer satisfaction.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:Day to Day Support:
- Answer calls coming to the IT Service Desk.
- Gather pertinent information about problems/requests.
- Enter the incident into IT Service Desk Software System.
- Document or update the IT Service Desk Knowledge base to support quicker and efficient resolution of most frequently raised IT issues.
- Resolve Level 1 and 2 tickets in timely fashion. May include hardware and/or software installation.
- Escalate open tickets quickly to proper IT Staff for problem resolution that IT Service Desk cannot solve directly.
- Follow up with end-users and IT Staff on status. Support also includes direct support with users at site.
- Provide frequent communications between the end-users and the IT Technology systems staff members.
- Perform asset lease replacements for onsite and remote sites while maintaining detailed status of multiple replacements to ensure on time returns of leased equipment.
- Strive to resolve a majority of issues over the phone mostly Level 1 & 2 issue resolutions.
- Maintain working knowledge of the latest company technology to provide support.
- Increase communication of Information Technology's activities and procedures.
- Increase first call telephone resolution through standard documentation.
- Work towards best practices and contribute to the “follow-the-sun” Global IT support vision.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong Customer Service experience.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to identify steps for resolution.
- Strongly biased towards timely issue resolution for the end-users.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and handle multiple tasks successfully.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills which is geared towards resulting in an exceptional customer satisfaction. Able to establish effective working relationships with customers, co-workers and administration.
- Proven ability to identify, research, and resolve IT level-1 & 2 desktop system issues in a timely manner and if not possible to resolve quickly escalate to the next level within IT department.
- Technical proficiency in areas relating to computer hardware, computer operating systems and desktop applications.
- Experience in PC imaging, LAN topologies and software installations is a definite plus.
- Commitment to ongoing training and new system implementation.
- Associate’s degree preferred
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- IT Certification preferred
- 2+ years IT related job experience.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite and hands on working knowledge of the PC environment hardware and software is a requirement.
- Must have the ability to work closely with both end-users and IT staff in providing solutions to system problems.
- Must have exceptional verbal, written and communication skills, as well as have good public relations skills.
- Must have commitment to ongoing education, certification and development of self and others.
- Must be able to walk/climb to a variety of primary work locations, including the ability to travel by air/auto to remote sites.
- Must be able to work in front of a personal computer for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift documents/work materials up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Flexibility to work over-time or weekends to resolve any system related issues or maintenance.
- Must be willing to travel to some of the key business unit sites to provide in person support when required.
Work Environment:Professional work environment
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Enerpac Tool Group offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Never Compromise – choose ETG!
Enerpac Tool Group/Enerpac/Hydratight/Cortland is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer