Are you interested in a position in a dynamic and international setting? We are currently looking for an Underwriter to join the Nordic Liabilities team. The position primarily focuses on risk assessment and underwriting for the insurance products General Liability & Product Liability in a Nordic team of 12 underwriters.
The position is based in Stockholm predominantly covering Sweden and Norway but also our other Nordic cluster countries including Demark, Finland, Russia and the Baltic states.
The Nordic Liabilities team is part of a global liabilities family which results in international relations, connectivity and opportunities. At AIG you would be working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world’s leading insurance provider where we believe that our success depends on building a world class team. The successful candidate thrives under the challenge of working in a focused, fast paced, international environment.
- Risk assessment/Underwriting and handling of a large and diverse portfolio of multinational and complex accounts
- Review and analysis terms and conditions, portfolio performance and account specific profit & loss
- The role is market and client facing and the person is expected to develop strong, long term relationships with external stakeholders to profitably grow a book of business
- Product and business development within targeted segments
AIG strives to be a highly client focused organization, something that should be reflected in your social skills, personal structure and high quality in every output of work performed. We are looking for a team player with a positive attitude and an innovative mindset.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, preferably within Economy, Finance, Law or Engineering
- Experience from Commercial underwriting or broking is an asset but not a requirement
- Analytical mindset
- Fluent (verbal and written) in English and Swedish
- Ability to prioritize and focus on targets and results. Good time management skills
- Flexible and problem-solving attitude
If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact;
- Camilla Westh, HR Business Partner, Nordics, +45 91 32 51 47, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arsalan Labaf, Head of Nordic Liabilities, +46 709 13 73 62, email@example.com
Submit your application via our online recruiting portal as soon as possible.
Start date for this role is flexible but preferably as soon as possible.
Applications are processed continuously. We cannot guarantee processing of applications received outside of the recruitment portal.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG), a world leader in insurance and financial services, is the leading international insurance organization with operations in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional and individual customers through the most extensive worldwide property-casualty and life insurance networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of retirement services, financial services and asset management around the world. AIG's common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, as well as the stock exchanges in Ireland and Tokyo. AIG focuses on diversification and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (Sweden branch)