Country: Czech Republic;
Employer: Masaryk University; Pavel Plevka Research Group – Central European Institute of Technology
Vacancy type: PostDoc vacancy;
For whom: For researchers;
Send your CVs toResumes due: 31.05.2021
We seek a post-doctoral scientist to join the Pavel Plevka lab of structural virology at CEITEC (http://plevkalab.ceitec.cz). We use cryo-electron microscopy and tomography to determine three-dimensional structures of viruses and study their replication in infected cells.We aim to provide structural information for development of anti-viral drugs and phage therapy. We study human viruses from the families Picornaviridae and Flaviviridae. Our phage studies are focused on biofilms of Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Our lab is part of the Structural Biology program at CEITEC. We have access to in-house electron microscopes: Titan Krios equipped with Falcon3 and K2 detectors, Talos Arctica, TF20, and dual beam microscope Versa 3D for cryo-focused ion beam milling. The group includes technicians to assist with routine laboratory tasks.
- The successful candidate must hold a Ph.D. degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, structural biology, or informatics.
- The applicant must have demonstrated the ability to pursue his/her research projects independently.
- A positive attitude towards programming, scripting, and Unix-based systems is desired.
- Knowledge of structural biology and tissue culture methods is a plus but not required.
- An attractive salary and benefits package.
- In-house core facilities for cryo-EM and light imaging with expert support.
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service).
- Six weeks of paid holiday.
Send your CVs to: