Employer: Copenhagen Business School
Vacancy type: PostDoc vacancy;
For whom: For researchers;
Send your CVs toResumes due: 07.05.2021
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant two-year postdoc in Machine Learning in Economics and Decision Sciences at the Department of Economics.
The Department of Economics provides research, teaching and knowledge transfer within the core areas of economics, i.e., microeconomics, macroeconomics, and quantitative methods. The Department is especially active in business-related, applied economic research, data-driven decision-making, and has three research centres: Centre for Innovation (CFI), Pension Research Centre (PeRCent) and Copenhagen School of Energy Infrastructure (CSEI). The Department of Economics is very successful in fundraising activities, and it is currently hosting research projects supported by the Danish/EU research councils, as well as private foundations and companies.
The postdoc is a non-tenured position for a two-year period with a research obligation and a well-defined and limited teaching obligation. While also continuing to pursue their own research interests, the postdoc will work with the group of Prof. Dolores Romero Morales, who has leading expertise in, among others, Transparency in AI, Interpretable Machine Learning and the role of Mathematical Optimization in these fields, and is the coordinator and scientific leader of the EU H2020 MSCA RISE European Network of Data Scientists project, www.riseneeds.eu. There are many possible topical backgrounds of candidates, including machine learning, visualization, AI, etc.
To fulfill the requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
CBS and departmental responsibilities
- Research, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline.
- Publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching.
- Active participation in research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Teaching and associated examination in CBS programs.
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation.
- Initiating fund raising and coordinating research projects.
- Contributing to administrative responsibilities of the Department and CBS-wide tasks.
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
- The applicant should have a background in either Economics, Operations Research, Mathematics, or Applied Statistics, and must hold a PhD or the equivalent.
- Documented research track record at international level, including publications in recognized journals in the field.
- Documented pedagogical qualifications or other material for the evaluation of the pedagogical level.
- The applicant must be proficient in English (written and spoken).
Send your CVs to: