Role Description SummaryA key function of this role is to ensure a continuous optimization of internal stakeholders coordination keeping a customer centric approach to simplify complexities and expedite response times as targeting to exceed solution expectations and maximize O3b mPOWER value proposition over our proposals. The Bid Manager is the owner of the O3b mPOWER proposal´s processes of qualification, development and approval. The Bid Manager is the central orchestrator of all resources necessary to create and gain approval for competitive proposals.
Specific Market Segments/Regions may be assigned to each Bid Manager to build relationships with sales teams, establish accountability, and development market expertise. At the same time, the Bid Manager must remain flexibility to adapt to new challenges. The O3b mPOWER system opens a new world of possibilities to our customers and offers opportunities for continuous learning and development for all SES people involved on these exciting solutions.
- Proactively participate in closing key sales opportunities driving the O3b mPOWER sales funnel for SES Networks
- Utilize O3b mPOWER knowledge and business expertise across sales, solutions engineering, commercial management, legal and other required areas to ensure strategic proposals, term sheets and contracts are developed to align with customer needs and are presented clearly and concisely with maximum impact
- Partner with Sales and other internal stakeholders in all aspects of key account proposal preparation and delivery, participating in customer engagements
- Capture and communicate learned best practices and processes in documented procedures and assets to create a continuous improvement of the Bid Management Process
- Demonstrate tactical and strategic mission to develop and deliver compelling proposals for qualified opportunities and to create best-practice processes and models for future opportunities.
Competencies & Experience
- 10 years’ experience in Presales / Commercial / Sales roles
- Experience selling to key Telco/MNOs, large Enterprises and/or Government
- Proven Solutions Engineering experience. Technical competence in understanding satellite and ground systems technologies, data networking principles, and operational support systems
- In depth knowledge of business process and risk mitigation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage and influence at all levels and areas of the organization
- Exceptional leadership in working with stakeholders within SES. Manage the work between many SES areas in order to consolidate the best proposal in minimal possible time.
- Innate drive to succeed taking initiative without close supervision proactively identifying ways to contribute to broader teams
- Resiliently deals effectively with pressure; remains optimistic and persistent, even under difficult circumstances; recovers quickly from setbacks; adapts quickly to change
- Maintains accountability for individual results; uses resources efficiently; shows honesty and integrity
- Relationship building – the ability to liaise with and influence other service groups and departments at all levels of the organization through persuasion, consensus building, facilitating and coordinating their efforts to create final project
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering (preferred), Business or Data Communications
- Master’s Degree or MBA (Business Administration and/or Finance) from an internally recognized university is preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally preferred
- Fluency in English, additional Spanish language as strongly preferred
- Other languages as additional assets