Process Systems Engineer for Capacity Analysis for Planning – Scheduling
Are you recently graduated or someone working in the industry with focus on superstructure optimization, operations research or a combination of both? Are you interested is applying theory into application for making business impact and assisting in key decision making? Are you interested in creation of Digital Twins? Then you can be one of our process systems engineers for Modelling, Simulation and Analysis.
About the department
As part of Novo Nordisk’s Product Supply organization, Diabetes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients is responsible for manufacturing all Insulin products. You will be assigned to Manufacturing and Development (MDev), a cross-functional area that works at the interface between R&D and full-scale manufacturing with focus on technology transfer, scale-up and process improvement-optimization. You will be employed in MDev Bioprocess Improvement-Optimization (MDev BIO), a newly established group of 5 highly skilled colleagues working with advance process modelling, simulation, analysis, control and optimization for representation of (bio-) chemical digital twins.
In MDev BIO our tasks vary, are dynamic and associated with converting challenges into opportunities. Our key multiscale challenges are: process understanding which requires data analysis of existing process data, process understanding formulated into an improvement problem which requires the usage of analyzed data into a mechanistic, hybrid or capacity model, process improvement formulated into an optimization problem which requires the identification of important (variable) inputs for selection of the best values for operations/new projects. Your focus will on capacity modelling accounting for decision making.
We are looking for someone who is motivated by and enjoys analyzing data, developing advance models and, deploying and applying these models for helping with decision making for short and long-term project portfolio generation. Specifically, you will:
- Develop, apply and maintain flowsheet models for creation of Digital Twins
- Analyze, test and identify optimizations for existing processes in collaboration with project stakeholders
- Develop a model library for model re-use and improvement
- Develop models at varying levels of fidelity for representation of processes and ultimately facilities
- Drive and establish the Digital Twin concept as a tool for designing/retrofitting facilities
This job gives you a great opportunity to play a part in shaping the future of bioprocessing across the organization, in close collaboration with similar teams in research and manufacturing in Novo Nordisk.
The candidate should have the following or developing qualifications:
- A PhD in chemical engineering, industrial engineering or operations research
- Domain knowledge on process systems engineering
- Experience in application of operations research for early stage process synthesis, production planning-scheduling, process optimization or similar
- Experience with equation/object-oriented programming. An asset but not a requirement would be familiarization with one or more off the following tools: INOSIM, GAMS, PYOMO, Julia or similar
- Experience with quantitative analyses applied to decision making under uncertainty
- Understanding of how to convey complex information to varying audiences
- An appetite for solving complex problems applying a systems approach to manage complexity and reach feasible applicable solution
When applying, if you are a recent graduate, we request that you upload your transcripts, a cover letter and curriculum vitae inclusive of your list of publications.
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, we have been changing diabetes since 1923. If you are ready to strengthen our position as an innovative pioneer and respected industry leader, we encourage you to join us to make the most of your talent.
For further information please call Senior Project Manager Deenesh K. Babi at +45 3077 5837 between 08.00 – 17:00 DK time.
May 31th 2021
Millions rely on us
To work for Novo Nordisk you will need the skills, dedication and ambition to change lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronic diseases. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.