Finance & Capital PQ ActuaryZurich Insurance Plc is looking for a Part Qualified Actuary to work in the ZIP HO Actuarial team assisting on the methodology and production of the Solvency II Internal Capital Model results and other Solvency II actuarial processes, to enable ZIP to meet its requirements in these topics, including the internal governance rules, actuarial and accounting standards and regulatory expectations. You will perform standard actuarial, capital and performance analytic tasks as assigned with minimal direct supervision; perform more complex analyses under the supervision of more senior actuaries. You will be delivering work to consistently high quality standards, including professional standards.
Your RoleAs the Finance & Capital Actuary, your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Provide routine actuarial/capital model services with minimal supervision by a more experienced actuary.
- Perform more complex actuarial/capital model analyses as assigned under the supervision of a more experienced actuary.
- Demonstrate increasing knowledge of actuarial disciplines and procedures to be able to provide high class service to internal customers.
- Support and participate in cross-functional Solvency II discussions
- Liaise with individuals and teams across the Zurich Group as necessary
- Effectively manage and develop relationships with senior colleagues within the company
Finance and Capital
- Under general direction, manage the ongoing requirements for defined risk types of the Solvency II Internal Model, ensuring compliance with internal governance rules and regulatory expectations.
- Manage the production of results for defined risk types of the Solvency II Internal Model, including reviewing results and providing briefings to management.
- Reconciliation of inputs, parameters and outputs of the production runs for defined risk types of the Solvency II Internal Model.
- Provide input and support to Solvency II Pillar II and Pillar III compliance including the ORSA, RSR, SFCR, QRTs and other relevant regulatory reporting.
- Support the coordination and validation of the Solvency II Technical Provisions
- Provision of other reserving and finance actuarial support
- Assist the Finance, Capital, Reinsurance, Risk and Investment teams on an ad-hoc basis
- Undertake projects as agreed with the Head of ZIP HO Actuarial
Your Skills and ExperienceAs the Finance & Capital Actuary, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Part qualified member of a recognised professional Actuarial Organisation with at least 2 years of experience
- Relevant actuarial experience (preferably non-life)
- Experience in multiple functions strongly preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of actuarial professional guidance and relevant legislation.
- Intermediate knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, SII capital models (Internal Model and/or Standard Formula) and regulatory reporting; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Basic knowledge of the insurance industry's trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters.
- Basic knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Intermediate knowledge of practices and policies governing disclosure of information about the organization, its business activities, and employees; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations
- Requires proficiency in English
- Effective oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to use spreadsheet software.
- Basic knowledge of statistical and actuarial tools and techniques and ability to apply modelling processes and techniques to facilitate risk management decisions.
- Self-motivation and drive.
- Professional, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to handle complexity and distil out and explain key concepts.
- Technical and analytical skill to a high level.
- Competent at prioritizing, resourcing, planning and project management.
- Ability to manage diverse work portfolio.
- Able to see the big picture.
- Takes initiative without the need for approval.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive business relationships with all contacts inside and outside the Company.
- Ability to seek out and use all available sources of information to make informed decisions and to solve problems.
- Positive and flexible attitude to change.
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems.
- Constructive and supportive working style.
- Customer focused approach.
Additional InformationPrimary work location is IFSC, Dublin. Position is Dublin-based but occasional travel may be required to other Zurich locations.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then our recruiter Sarah-Jane Phelan is looking forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
Who we areZurich is one of Ireland's leading insurance companies providing a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services. The company employs over 1,000 people across its locations in Dublin and Wexford.
Zurich is a strong brand. Zurich in Ireland is part of Zurich Insurance Group, a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. Our 55,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer a competitive compensation package and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.