Title: Planning Engineer
- To provide and maintain a comprehensive Planning framework and service for either a major project, multi-project portfolio or business area.
- Provide and manage the planning framework, systems and resources to deliver an effective planning and reporting service to Project Managers and Sponsors.
- Facilitate the production of the project WBS.
- Prepare, monitor and forecast baseline and working schedules during all project phases.
- Establish and maintain a Basis of Schedule for all schedules produced.
- Ensure all applicable schedule activities have Rules of Credit and Quantity Tracking mechanisms established.
- Identify and track all changes or potential changes to the project baseline and
subsequent underpinning of change control mechanisms.
- Prepare progress reports, including earned value analysis, identifying critical areas and trends and recommend recovery options.
- Maintain the planning database and validate data across systems.
- Provide the required information to support the risk process.
- Provide project outturns against baseline for LFE and Knowledge Management.
- Mentor and support Assistant Planning Engineers in their development.
- Ensure the accuracy of data communicated and reported to all stakeholders.
- The highlighting of any current and potential issues to the Senior Planning Engineer, Lead Planning Engineer, PCM and Project Manager.
- Maintain compliance with approved processes, procedures and Project Execution Plans.
- The active contribution to continuous improvement of the functional quality and performance of Project Controls.
- To work in compliance with the Collaborative Management Plan.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- In-depth knowledge of Engineering and Design planning
- Experienced in the use of Primavera P6
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40