San Francisco, CA
Company DescriptionThank you for your interest in Dropbox careers. We are actively hiring for this position and look forward to reviewing your application. Dropbox is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic as the health and safety of our community, employees and candidates remain our number one priority. We appreciate your flexibility as we adapt our hiring processes during this evolving situation.
Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionNew graduates and interns at Dropbox work alongside industry leaders, architecting the growing family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people and businesses around the world. From day one, you’ll have the responsibility and the support you need to make a difference on a massive scale.
Role DescriptionAt Dropbox the SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) role is a hybrid systems and software engineering role. SREs are SWEs focused specifically on the availability, durability, observability, latency, performance, and scalability/capacity of Dropbox, as well as the overall toil required to operate our services.
SRE is not just about monitoring and protecting Dropbox services 24/7. It’s about improving those processes with system design, automation, tooling, and software development so that systems require less human intervention. SREs utilize this combination of software and systems engineering to build and run large scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
SREs utilize this combination of software and systems engineering to build and run large scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. They are responsible for and take the lead on reliability, automation, and other issues related to KTLO (Keep The Lights On) in an organization. SREs are integrated with critical infrastructure and product teams and take part in developing software, maintaining it, and scaling it, whether for our user-facing products or the underlying hardware infrastructure that allows us to deliver them.
Example SRE projects:
- Build an auto-remediation system to automatically resolve production incidents before escalating them to on-call engineers
- Design the system and processes that Dropbox engineers use to deploy their software into production
- Drive the company through “Disaster Recovery Tests”, where we manually turn down pieces of infrastructure to test Dropbox’s overall resiliency to failures
- Currently pursuing a Computer Science or related degree in a technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Strong analytical, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
Benefits and Perks
- Dedicated Mentorship
- Market competitive salary
- Intern Hack Week
- Housing stipend
- Employee Resource Groups