San Francisco, CA
Company DescriptionThank you for your interest in Dropbox careers. We are actively hiring for this position and look forward to reviewing your application. Dropbox is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic as the health and safety of our community, employees and candidates remain our number one priority. We appreciate your flexibility as we adapt our hiring processes during this evolving situation.
Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionNew graduates and interns at Dropbox work alongside industry leaders, architecting the growing family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people and businesses around the world. From day one, you’ll have the responsibility and the support you need to make a difference on a massive scale.
The Dropbox security team is responsible for securing data at a massive scale. Over half a billion users and 300,000 teams trust us to keep their private data safe. To be worthy of this trust, we have a well staffed security team of hardworking and passionate individuals. If you are looking to join a strong and growing team with interesting, high-impact and multifaceted work, this could be the right fit for you.
We are a multi-disciplinary team with a wide range of skills and responsibilities including Linux, macOS or Windows systems security, network security, application security (web, desktop, mobile), and overall security architecture. If our large-scale projects resonate with you, we would love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together.
The Security Engineering team is responsible for making all our products are crafted and implemented to the highest security standards. As a security engineering intern, there are multiple types of roles and teams that you can have an impact on. Here are some of the things you might do:
- Help us build features that will protect our users
- Create and operate security tooling, systems, and libraries
- Locate weak points by breaking into systems
- Build monitoring, detection, and alerting capabilities
- Find innovative and creative solutions for our unique security needs
- Help build the next generation platform for detecting, mitigating and reporting illegitimate and malicious content and activity.
- Currently pursuing a BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Sincere interest in Security
- You are a team player who is considerate of others
Benefits and Perks
- Dedicated Mentorship
- Market competitive salary
- Intern Hack Week
- Housing stipend
- Employee Resource Groups