Corporate Functions Project ManagerApply now »
- Apply Now
- Start apply with LinkedIn
Company: British American Tobacco
Function: Global Business Services
Job Type: Permanent
British American Tobacco Global Business Services currently has an exciting new opportunity for a Corporate Functions Project Managerjoining us on a permanent basis, in our Bucharest offices.
We are looking for someone that has direct end-market cross- functional experience in Corporate Functions with cross-functional experience in areas like Finance/HR/LEX or global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment combined with project management skills and also has the interest into transforming the function by supporting end-markets and GBS in better executing business strategies, and playing an integral role longer term in building and engaging company’s customer base and creating effective strategies that will promote the long-term growth of our company.
- Understand the budgeting and planning processes, including QPRs and Company Plan;
- Contribute to accurate financial reports reconciled based on the local accounting system and delivery of financial advice to management and/or project team.
- Understand the legal requirements and standards of the Company and support compliance with respective requirements and standards;
- Contribute to cross functional projects and initiatives where can assess, monitor and anticipate potential threats to the business such as competitors' activities, systems/structures failures etc.
Procurement and Supply Chain
- Contribute to supply chain initiatives across the organization, including supplier development, governance & sustainability and development of supply chain cycle;
- Continuously work with key senior business stakeholders to collaboratively align business targets, improve supplier performance and achieve best in class performance.
- Understanding operating guidelines, ensuring compliance with operating policies & procedures and operations are in line with contractual agreements;
- Focus on areas like gap identification, compliance testing, policy development, and process analyses, oversee the collection and evaluation of customer reporting.
- Bridging the gap between IT and the business using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders;
- Engaging with business stakeholders and users to understand how data-driven changes to process, products, services, software and hardware can improve efficiencies and add value.
- Exhibit leadership when engaging with key stakeholders through behaviours and attitudes which are in line with the Guiding Principles to support, encourage and drive efficiencies and a positive working culture which reinforces the winning mentality and the display of the right leadership;
- Embed a culture of constant focus on people development and drive continuous improvement culture.
- Ensures that projects are proceeding according to timelines, meeting targets and expectations, and adhering to established operating parameters; negotiates changes in project resources as necessary to achieve objectives and timelines and monitors team’s and project cost to serve to manage spending within budgets;
- Works with relevant stakeholders to ensure GBS obtains the insights it needs at the quality and granularity it requires for better planning and execution.
- Drives and ensures close working relationships with all Corporate Functions (Finance, Compliance, Procurement, Supply Chain, LEX, IDT, HR, Security, Quality.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Cross-functional experience in Finance/HR/LEX or global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment;
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of relevant finance tools and systems, specifically SAP/BPC/BI and communication tools;
- A good understanding of all corporate functional areas, e.g. would be an advantage;
- Experience in analysing reports, identifying issues and challenging management;
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to look beyond the numbers to identify trends and insights;
- Rational decision making and problem-solving ability is essential;
- Experience of identifying and implementing opportunities for process improvement;
- Ability to handle large volumes of information and present it in an accurate and relevant format;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Visio and Access would be an advantage;
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Analytical thinking and problem solving;
- Motivating, coaching and developing people, effective communication, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Acknowledge, share and apply process best practices with BAT globally and proactively identify risks and develop mitigation plans;
- Business planning acumen and ability to translate business information requirements to the source data requirements;
- Ability to drive business development initiatives, to re-assign resources.
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Job Segment: Project Manager, ERP, Business Development, Supply Chain Manager, Supply, Technology, Sales, Operations
Apply now »
- Apply Now
- Start apply with LinkedIn