JOB SUMMARY:We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team to help us shape the future.
Based in Wuppertal, Germany within our PowerLinks Team. You will be working on the newly awarded A-Nord Corridor project, one of the longest HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) underground cable connections in the world.
Prysmian will be responsible for the full lifecycle from cable design and manufacture through to installation, testing and commissioning for a 2GW underground cable system. You will have significant project involvement in driving the energy transition to more sustainable solutions, using state-of-art cable technology.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FORWe are looking for a Project Manager with the following skills and motivations:
- Previous experience as a Project Manager within Civil Engineering/Construction industries.
- Delivered on a number of industry related projects across a range of sectors and customers
- Proven track record in successfully executing multi-disciplined projects
- Significant time spent in the negotiation and control of external service suppliers and contractors
- Proven man-management experience of successfully managing multi-disciplined teams in a technical offshore engineering environment
- Delivery of projects with successful adherence to H&S targets in a highly regulated industry
- Consistent achievement/ improvement of project financial targets
- Proficiency in English and German (Professional/Native)
- Approved Project Management qualification (APM, PMP, PRINCE or similar)
- Membership with a relevant institution (e.g. I.Mech. E.)
- Direct and manage all aspects of multi-discipline projects from inception through completion.
- Define and control base line scope, programmes and allowances together with the procedures for management of project change
- Preparation of the project execution plan for the execution of all project activities in accordance with the Company Business operating procedures and specific client/contract requirements
- Define the policies and processes for clear communications to all parties involved in the project
- Manage the preparation and regular update of the project programme against which project deliverables are monitored and controlled
- Initiate and review engineering design, procurement for purchasing, manufacturing/ production operations and field activity to ensure compliance with project specifications
- Report progress in compliance with the project execution plan mandates
- Deliver customer satisfaction