JOB SUMMARYWe are looking for an experienced Logistics Engineer to join our team to help us shape the future.
Based in Wurzburg, Germany within our PowerLinks Team. You will be working on the newly awarded SuedLink Corridor project, one of the longest HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) underground cable connections in the world.
Prysmian will be responsible for the full lifecycle from cable design and manufacture through to installation, testing and commissioning for a 2GW underground cable system. You will have significant project involvement in driving the energy transition to more sustainable solutions, using state-of-art cable technology.
As Logistics Engineer, during the installation design phase, you will support the logistics and installation team in defining the best transportation routes to site. You will manage the interface between transportation subcontractors, installation teams and the client during the survey phase.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FORWe are looking for a Logistics Engineer with the following skills and motivations:
- Previous experience in a similar Logistics/Transportation Planning role
- Civil engineering degree is preferred
- Professional fluency in English and German (Written and Verbal)
- Experience in distribution centres/ warehouses design or construction is a plus
- Willingness to travel to site
- Coordinate transportation route survey activities
- Interface management between installation team and transportation subcontractors
- Transportation solution engineering and document preparation
WHO WE ARE
We are Prysmian Group, leader in anticipating the world’s energy and communications needs. From energy and connectivity, to communications, we make life better for millions of people. We strongly believe our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we ensure constant investments ensuring our organizational needs match individual skills, capabilities and expectations. In June 2018 Prysmian Group and General Cable have become One Company. Leveraging on our combined strengths and values, our goal is to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and stakeholders. Prysmian Group and General Cable: moving through the Integration at full power.