Company DescriptionThank you for your interest in Dropbox careers. We are actively hiring for this position and look forward to reviewing your application. Dropbox is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic as the health and safety of our community, employees and candidates remain our number one priority. We appreciate your flexibility as we adapt our hiring processes during this evolving situation.
Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionOur Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
Role descriptionOur Finance team is responsible for developing and executing on Dropbox’s financial strategy and is hiring world-class diverse employees to tackle the challenges ahead of us. As part of the Finance team you’ll have broad exposure to various teams within Dropbox, building strong internal business partnerships and you’ll also interact with a number of business partners!
As the new International Accounting Manager, you will be a key member of the Accounting team! You will oversee Dropbox’s international reporting process; responsible for financial reporting, statutory audits and local technical accounting questions and initiatives across EMEA and APAC. This role will also support the monthly Global close process and be responsible for finding opportunities to transform and streamline our current processes.
- You will manage and lead the International Accounting Team
- Build and manage an outstanding financial reporting process for EMEA and APJ entities
- Ensure all legal and regulatory filings are prepared and filed within timelines
- Lead the international statutory audits, including audit planning, execution of audit work, financial statement preparation and review
- Manage month end close processes, including the review of month end reconciliations, variance analysis and assist in quarterly reporting
- Serve as a technical accounting resource for local reporting, including interpretation of new pronouncements, preparing technical accounting memorandums and addressing local reporting questions
- Build a positive rapport with our US based Finance Teams across Accounting, Tax and FP&A
- Find opportunities to streamline and transform; statutory audits and close processes to gain efficiencies to reduce timelines and costs
- 5-8 years Accounting experience
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or similar)
- Experience leading a high performing team
- Strong finance background with experience working in a tech finance function an advantage
- Execution focused with the ability to take individual responsibility and ownership for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Detail-oriented with project management skills, but comfortable with ambiguity
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and strong analytical skills to look after complex transactions
- Change advocate who influences decision makers and excels in a fast paced environment
- Works well in a digital culture with a transformation and commitment to improvement mindset
- Leverage data to provide business insights
- Top performer who is willing to dive into the details and who is looking to gain experience and grow with Dropbox
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external business partners
- Experience in Oracle Fusion and Alteryx an advantage
- Fluent in English
- Eligible to work in E.U