This is your chance to join a great team on equal footing with experienced colleagues in an international setting. As intern in FMC, you’ll gain deep insight into our value chain and get involved in a variety of tasks as you hone your skills in stakeholder management, sourcing and not least Excel and data management.
“We equip our Intern with an individual development plan and a performance tracker clearly stating what we expect from you and what you can expect from us. Our goal is to give you the means to grow and excel in a procurement role.” says René Dam Andersen, Regional Sourcing Manager for EMEA.
Become an intern at our EMEA HQ
FMC offers a 6 months paid internship, where you will join our European Innovation Centre (EIC) in Hørsholm (It’s just a 35 minutes bus ride away from the center of Copenhagen), Here, we are approximately 150 colleagues with 34 different nationalities who are proud to welcome you into a multicultural environment.
You will become part of our EMEA Procurement team which is responsible for developing and implementing sourcing strategies within the region. The team consists of category managers, sourcing managers and an operations team with a total of 25 colleagues collaborating from different locations in Denmark, Germany, France, Italy, UK and Russia.
Work with indirect procurement
As an intern, you will learn about and work with everything from preferred supplier strategies to procurement compliance. In addition, you will provide support for sourcing projects.
Working primarily within indirect procurement, you will collaborate with sourcing managers in Indirect Procurement, Professional Services and Raw Materials. Doing so, you will be gaining skills within project management, analysis and stakeholder management while you:
- Coordinate tasks with sourcing stakeholders across FMC.
- Assist in controlling and streamlining sourcing and procurement processes.
- Management of existing contracts/agreements.
- Analyse spend- and demand data, come up with solutions and participate in implementing them.
- Use SAP, Excel and PowerPoint to solve complex tasks that refine your already razor-sharp skills within these programs.
- Perform daily administrative tasks.
“One of the biggest pay-offs for me personally has been gaining an insight in the value chain. It’s also coming to understand the organisation’s best practices by coordinating complex projects around the globe,” explains Myrto Eleftheriou who completed her internship in February 2020.
Grab the opportunity to grow in a multicultural environment
We are proud of our intern programme and ready to invest in you. Here, you get to learn from bright minds and challenge the status quo as you voice your insights, share your ideas and come up with innovative solutions in a job where you are responsible for tasks of your own.
You will be given a lot of responsibility, but you are never on your own. We provide you with a mentor and guidance along the way, just as you will be in contact with other procurement interns in the US, providing you with an international network of like-minded peers.
“I’ve gained so much from my internship – I feel even more comfortable handling and presenting large data, my project management skills are constantly improving. I really feel I can visibly track my progress and the support and feedback my colleagues has given me has been remarkable,” Myrto concludes.
We are looking for a student with a desire to challenge the status quo
Highly independent, you are driven by a great desire to learn and challenge yourself. You have great communication skills, and you are comfortable working in a multicultural environment where you navigate among a wide range of stakeholders.
- Are preferably enrolled on a university in Denmark, conducting a master’s degree or are finalizing your last year on your bachelor’s degree within a relevant field such as economics, business administration, engineering or supply chain management.
- Have a general understanding of procurement and understands total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Possess advanced Excel skills e.g. pivot tables and formulas such as; “VLOOKUP”.
- Have a natural flair for data, and you understand how to present these, in easy-to-understand visuals using your excellent PowerPoint skills.
- Speak and write in fluent English.
Additional information & application
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Regional Sourcing Manager, René Dam Andersen on +45 9136 5359
We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and strive fill the position once we have found the right candidate. So, send us your application and CV as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.
See Yourself in FMC, Be Yourself in FMC: We strive to be an inclusive workplace where our employees reflect the community, are valued, find purpose in their work, and grow and contribute to their fullest potential. FMC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.