Job DescriptionPosition Summary
The National Account Manager is responsible for selling and executing the sales and marketing programs for key Off-Premise National accounts. Responsibilities include planning, executing and coordinating of the Annual Business Plan for assigned customers while driving accountability at the distributor level. This position is also responsible for the development and profitability of assigned market segments. Incumbents develop rapport with high-level personnel from marketing, operations, and category management to accomplish set sales goals. Has the responsibility for the development and implementation of National Sales Programs within assigned account(s).
- The National Account Manager plays a pivotal role in developing Constellation’s business in the grocery retail environment for a major retail chains.
- This individual will support the sales and analytical efforts through fact-based sales presentations, IRI reports, schematics and selling solutions.
- The National Account Manager will work closely with major retail chains to review IRI information, category management work, and assisting in projects.
- This person will need to be proactive in developing materials that will help grow our business.
- This position will consult in the development and maintenance of store level schematics and provide support & information on brand performance, competitive opportunities, and trends to both the retail chain and Constellation’s brands.
- Prepare and manage chain specific account programming budgets to drive sales of Constellation brands in assigned accounts.
- Create compelling fact-based sales presentations on new items, base line distribution opportunities, and promotional opportunities.
- Create IRI templates to run monthly for key reporting needs. Become an expert in IRI and create and run ad hoc reports for fact-based sales presentations, category management analysis, business analysis, etc.
- Conduct category assortment analysis and make recommendations to retailers on how they can improve their assortment by category.
- Develop and run ad/hoc data reports from the retailers data warehouse
- Work with retailers to assist them with analysis and understanding of their wine business on future and historical lift reports.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent job experience in the consumer products industry.
- A minimum of 5-8 years sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry (Wine & Spirits specific preferred) with a minimum of two years’ experience selling to Off-Premise Independent, Regional & National Accounts.
- Proven track record in building good relationships with Off-Premise customers, internal associates and distributors.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to gather and use customer feedback to identify customer and market needs and challenges.
- Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with a minimum of direction.
- Proven analytical skills and understanding of syndicated data and its applicability to beverage alcohol categories is required.
- Computer literacy with the ability to learn and use various software including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated technical skills required for the preparation of professional and effective sales presentations.
- Ability to use Business Information Tools such as Compass & IQ.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 35% of his/her working time, including up to 5 hour’s driving time.
- Management skills in order to effectively develop the capabilities of allocated resources under his/her supervision to meet business objectives (if applicable).
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit.
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
- Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance stairs/ladders.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver's license, be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location Irvine, California
Additional LocationsJob Type Full time
Job Area Sales