Hillsboro - OR, US
Customer Support Engineer - Development Program 2020In every market where ASML conducts business, the Customer Support Team makes the most complex machines work consistently and predictably for our customers every day.As the face of ASML to the customer and the voice of the customer to the rest of the company, Customer Support is the first line of help when something breaks - we are always there, on-call, day or night, delivering solutions in time critical situations.By participating in our extensive development program you will connect with a talented group of cohorts who will experience the journey with you. By the end of the program, you’ll be prepared to diagnose and solve complex problems on our machines and embark on an exciting career at ASML.
Making an Impact at ASMLThousands of ASML Customer Support Engineers worldwide are dedicated to a simple goal: making sure that the lithography systems at our customers’ sites are running smoothly and efficiently, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. As proactive problem solvers, this team seeks to detect problems before they can impact production both in the field and at Global Support Centers on three continents.
You’re able to:
- Evaluate and diagnose problems in real time to make necessary repairs
- Communicate effectively– you will need to answer customer/stakeholder questions and write various technical reports
- Identify and solve problems both independently and in a team setting
- Work nights and weekends as we are a 24/7 operation
Your educational background and experience
- BS in an engineering field is preferred but equivalent experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry is a plus
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.