Software Engineer, Payment Activation
- San Francisco, CA
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
First impressions matter! Your team will be responsible for collecting the information needed for merchants to take payments. As one of the first experiences at Square, we focus on making that process simple and easy. We focus on improving the user experience for all new merchants and on building new user-facing tools to help them better manage the payment aspect of their business.
A few examples of the products that we work on:
- Onboarding and new user experience for payment products
- Data collection and maintenance ui for our merchants worldwide
- Identity verification and account activation
- Referral program
We are a full-stack and mobile product team: we improve and integrate with the money moving platform and deliver product features on desktops, mobile web, and in our iOS and Android apps. Our approach is both customer-focused and data-driven: we talk to merchants, understand their needs and pains, and find opportunities to improve product experiences from data insights and A/B tests. Our team has excellent work-life balance, allows flexible hours and location, and works on important, valuable projects.
- Create and improve the payment product experience using Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Java, and MySQL
- Implement A/B tests
- Build, reliable support for product data logging and metrics
- Work with our product, engineering, analytics, and marketing teams
- 1+ years of software engineering experience.
- Server-side experience in Rails or Java, and familiarity or curiosity about frontend and mobile development
- Led or contributed to feature releases
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enable effective communication and collaboration with a variety of team members
- Empathy for our customers and an interest in producing an excellent experience for them
Technologies we use and teach:
- A/B test techniques and methodologies
- iOS and Android development
At Square, we want you to be well and excel. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Meal reimbursements
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. I'm interested San Francisco, CA