San Francisco, CA
Company DescriptionThank you for your interest in Dropbox careers. We are actively hiring for this position and look forward to reviewing your application. Dropbox is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic as the health and safety of our community, employees and candidates remain our number one priority. We appreciate your flexibility as we adapt our hiring processes during this evolving situation.
Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Team DescriptionOur Tech Operations team scales security and reliability for our fast growing user base. This includes managing our network, hardware, and data centers, as well as creating the layer from which all Dropbox experiences are built. As our user base and product family continues to grow, tech operations is responsible for strengthening our foundation.
Network Engineers work on the Network Engineering & Automation Team and are essentially Site Reliability Engineers. As part of reliability engineering they are mission-critical for Dropbox success and have major impact across Dropbox engineering and infrastructure through designing, building and operating the production network. This network transits traffic for all tenants of Dropbox serving infrastructure, including our in-house multi-exabyte storage system (Magic Pocket), large scale databases, edge POP infrastructure, and all user-facing services. Check out the Dropbox Tech Blog to learn more.
Network Engineers are hybrid network and automation engineers integral to designing and managing our large scale network infrastructure while improving reliability and efficiency. We’re looking for engineers who want to be a part of developing, maintaining, and scaling the network and software tools which support the network.
- You will engineer the production network (AS19679) to maximize Dropbox product velocity in sustainable ways
- You will drive network reliability through incident management and transparent metrics
- You will work with other SRE teams to build and operate a highly available and performant infrastructure, including on-premise hardware and cloud networks
- You will build software tools to manage the network infrastructure
- You will interact with external parties to negotiate peering, procure and evaluate hardware, and grow our network infrastructure
- You will participate in a periodic on-call rotation
- Solid experience writing code for a production network (Python and Go are common languages)
- Familiarity with network hardware/software (eg. Cisco, Juniper, Arista)
- Experience with incident management, metrics and network operations
- Experience managing networks for large-scale, public-facing services using best practices
- Solid working knowledge of BGP, ISIS, TCP/IP - IPv4/IPv6
- Able to capacity-plan and forecast is a plus
- Knowledge of MPLS, QoS, DWDM is a plus
- This position will require some travel
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)