Date Posted: 2019-11-25-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
This position is for an internship in Military Engines F135 Program Office. This internship position is within Pratt & Whitney’s program management organization based in East Hartford, CT. The intern will support the F135 Engine in support of our global war fighter customer base.
Key projects & responsibilitiesThe intern will be mentored by a program manager and assist by providing support for the following activities:
- Working with the jet engine manufacturing base and production shop floor
- Supplier integration
- Requirements review & interpretation
- Coordination with engine fleet management programs
- Coordination with program Quality organization
- Product team technical presentations and cross organization communication
- Development and creation of standard work for various processes/procedures
- Develop databases and process matrices
- Metrics tracking
- Participate in lean initiatives that support continuous process improvement
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship required due to Federal Contract
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Fields of study in Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering
- Must be graduating between: December 2020 to May 2022
- You will have at least 24 credits prior to starting your position
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A working-knowledge of gas turbine engine operating theory, value stream mapping, standard operating procedures, root-cause analysis, mistake-proofing is desired
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, time management skills and the ability to work well with multi-disciplinary groups is required
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, are essential
- Ability to interface with various organizations and levels
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A Self-starter who can work independently as well as with teams
- Good organization and project management skills
- Strong focus on results to meet schedule requirements
- Must be able to work multiple tasks with different group members
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.