Date Posted: 2019-11-20-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW135: Wichita Falls 3101 Hammon Road, Wichita Falls, TX, 76310 USA
Company overview:The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Position Overview:Pratt & Whitney Canada Component Repairs is seeking interns to work throughout the school year and also into the summer months of June through August. The goal of the Intern program is to enhance the student’s academic training, professional growth, and personal development.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support existing engineering projects
- Support continuous improvement projects within the engineering department
- Support of the Quality Engineering department with Work Instructions (PMS, QS, SOP, etc.)
- Performing Audits of the shop floor processes in accordance with the Quality Management System and generating reports of findings
- Support operation of the Quality Flow Clinic to aid the production floor in resolving issues as they arise (Document issues, draw together the proper subject matter experts, and finally compile metrics of overall findings and actions)
- Perform full compliance audits of current repair processes and their respective approval packages for needed revisions to assure compliance (including Work Instructions, Process Approvals, SOPs, etc.)
- Perform statistical studies of current production processes to identify needed changes to improve overall yields (Rework, Scrap, etc.)
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- You're enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program. Preferred fields of study are: (Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics)
- You’re graduating May 2020 or later
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Working knowledge/ability in MS Office applications.
- Proven leadership skills exercised at all levels – individual, team, organization.
- Demonstrated strong business judgment, innovation, analytical ability, and teaming skills.
- Must have strong communication skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.