Date Posted: 2019-11-15-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: CANHQ: CCS HQ - Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd, Syracuse, NY, 13221 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. Carrier is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Willis Carrier invented the first modern air-conditioning system in 1902 and changed how people live, work, and play. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and to deliver what’s next for the modern world.
We are seeking internship candidates to join our refrigerants engineering teams at our location in Syracuse, New York. Selected students will get exposure to:
- State-of-the-art labs testing multiple revolutionary projects.
- Ability to work side-by-side with subject-matter experts and be involved on project teams.
- Working for a diversified Fortune 50 corporation.
- Professional training and development opportunities.
Education:The ideal candidate will be a sophomore or junior pursing a Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with 0-3 years of similar co-op/intern or work experience, or a graduate student pursuing a Masters’ or PhD degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
Experience / Qualifications:The preferred candidate will 1. Characterize gas sensors of different kinds utilized for measuring concentrations of refrigerants, CO2, and/or volatile organic components (VOCs) common in food degradation processes and buildings and 2. Support the commissioning and testing the performance of a psychometric chamber to be used for evaluating HVAC&R systems by comparing specs of the room with results of the tests.
- 3.0 GPA minimum
- Solid grasp of engineering fundamentals
- Ability to work independently on assigned task
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Eagerness to learn and develop under guidance of experienced engineers
- Previous Engineering internships preferred
- Entry level competency with engineering development tools such as MATLAB, EES, FEA, CFD or Pro-E is highly desirable.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.