The Solutions Architect is well informed and capable in emerging technology trends within financial services, cloud hosting, and application frameworks. Excellent communication skills is required in order to effectively communicate technology direction at all levels of the organization to stakeholders in both a business and technology context. Assume accountability for achieving the business objectives by translating architecture to delivery. Take proactive responsibility to influence the GCG technical strategy as defined in the reference architecture.
- Provide architecture solutions applying the defined reference architecture
- Develop architecture, strategy, planning, and problem solving solutions aligned at an enterprise level across LOBs, channels, and domains.
- Interface across several channels, acting as a visionary to proactively assist in defining direction for future projects.
- Maintain continuous awareness of business, technical, and infrastructure issues and acts as a sounding board or consultant to aid in the development of creative solutions.
- Depending on project scope, may be accountable for end-to-end results including such items as: budgeting, policy formulation as well as providing future state technology strategies for an effort.
- Engage with external vendor partners to assess product technologies and to guide their product roadmap based on Citi requirements.
- Provide thought leadership in subjects that are key to the business
- Requires sophisticated analytical thought to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations.
- Impacts the technology function through contribution to technical direction and strategic decisions.
- Performs administration functions including application portfolio management (via CSI/application inventory) and product governance (via CTC/technology catalog) as necessary.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Strong depth in 4 or more of the listed technology skillset areas and a broad understanding across multiple technology disciplines
- Ability to lead stakeholders across the organization at all levels to consensus
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of Financial Services systems and emerging trends
- Execution of governance by adoption of standards through defined processes
- Management and prioritization skills
- Ability to develop working relationships and build a network across the organization in both business and IT contacts
- Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to take the initiative and master new tasks quickly
- Methodical, attention to detail
- J2EE architecture, development and deployment.
- Database systems including RDBMS (Oracle, DB2) and Information Architecture concepts related to modeling, ETL, and data governance.
- BI/analytics technologies including SAS, R, Python, Teradata, Hadoop, data science and visualization tools.
- Integration technologies related to JSON/REST APIs, middleware and enterprise service bus (ESB) including Tibco BusinessWorks / EMS, and message protocols/formats (JMS, MQ, SOAP, JSON, XML).
- Business Process Management systems including Pega BPM (7.x, 8.x), Red Hat Apache jBPM, Tibco AMX,
- Rules / Decision services including FICO Blaze, Red Hat Apache BRMS
- Software and hardware infrastructure including Linux/AIX (and/or other UNIX), zOS/MVS, Windows Server platforms
- Cloud hosting and services including Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Amazon (AWS), Google (GCP), and Microsoft (Azure)
- API exposed micro-service application framework including SpringCloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Data Power APIm, Good Apigee
- Security concepts and technologies related to authentication (MFA, risk based authentication, biometrics, SAML/OAUTH), authorization, encryption, data protection, threat prevention.
- Secure SDLC best practices including one-time-password (OTP), SSL, PKI, DDoS remediation, anti-malware detection, and application scanning.
- Application frameworks including Angular, React, HTML5.
- Agile process and delivery.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.