Date Posted: 2019-11-22-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: OT999: 1CP - Farmington, CT One Carrier Place, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Internships at Otis are rewarding and challenging, providing you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop through meaningful projects that impact and drive our business. Our comprehensive Internship Program will allow you to gain hands-on experience and broaden your communication, leadership, and business acumen skills. You will have the opportunity to work with leading professionals in our industry and you’ll be immersed in the Otis culture where we collaborate to best serve our customers; where we empower and inspire each other through support, autonomy and trust; and where we set big goals, rise to achieve them, and win as a team!
The Otis Global Supply Chain has a summer internship opportunity for those interested in gaining experience in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, or Operations. This internship offers practical, challenging, and meaningful global experiences in supply chain to help drive important business results.
Specifically, the Global Supply Chain intern will be given assignments in support of the global supply chain transformation effort, including:
- Performing analytics on global spend to support the category leads to identify opportunities for leveraging or cost reduction initiatives
- Support the global supply chain team on various global projects, including policy deployment, raw material process, non-product sourcing, etc.
- Supporting development and deployment of key strategies, processes, standard work, governance, projects, supporting the global team and working with sites globally
This is a full-time, paid summer internship, typically ranging from 10-12 weeks. Throughout your internship, we provide continuous training and performance feedback to ensure you build the necessary skills to succeed. Additional career opportunities are available upon conclusion of a successful internship, including placement into entry-level, professional roles within the organization.
Education:We seek individuals pursuing an undergraduate degree, preferably with a concentration in Supply Chain, Operations, Business, or Logistics
- Technical aptitude
- Project Management capability
- Self-directed- ability to work independently
- Leadership capability
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Strong Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Expertise in the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Creative and “out of the box” thinker
- Adaptable in high pressure situations or short timelines for completion of projects
- Previous experience/internship with Otis preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.