Date Posted: 2019-10-10-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Company overview:The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Department Overview:The Product Delivery Center (PDC) is one of Pratt & Whitney’s Engine Centers, located in Middletown, CT. At the PDC, parts from our internal and external suppliers are assembled into various engine products, tested, packed, and shipped to a wide array of commercial and military customers who expect affordable, high-quality products. Products at the PDC include those that will enter production, as well as some in development, both of which require an endless focus on robust shop floor processes. The PDC team fosters an internal environment that thrives on utilization of the UTC ACE operating system, while coaching and supporting the workforce to ensure they meet our quality standards and achieve success.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify & implement shop floor process improvements that increase output and reduce overall costs
- Assist in creating and maintaining shop floor work instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, process control, and tooling definition/requirements)
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives that support continuous process improvement
- Participate in special projects that could involve cost reduction, special processes, machining processes and supplier support activities. The intern will be given a specific process improvement task to take ownership of, and progress to completion throughout their internship.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program, studying: Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Graduation date after December 2020
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Exceptional communication skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- Applicable manufacturing engineering experience and processing knowledge
- Understanding of machining and NC programming
- Individual must be self-motivated, demonstrated team player and flexible in schedule and function.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.