Machine # 20956Reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor on the night shift, as the Machine Shop Technician, you will produce aircraft parts to drawing while operating machines in the cell.
- Perform own manual set-ups by positioning and aligning tooling per set-up instructions using CNC programming language (G codes).
- Maintain tolerances by observing operation and making necessary machine offset adjustments, cutter changes and self-inspection (OSV-Operator Self Verification).
- Document actions in support of quality logs, communicate all discrepancies in machining to supervision and create Product Defect Sheets(PDS) as required.
- Perform work from set-up sheets, manufacturing sheets and drawings.
- Support and promote continuous improvement, 5S activities and Standard Work Development in the cell.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years' Lathe machining experience.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience with CNC machining
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) is preferred
- Must be willing to multi-task as required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize measuring equipment in support of quality requirements and read and interpret blueprints.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Willingness to train and operate other machines in the cell and willingness to work overtime
- Successful candidates must meet and be cleared under all requirements relating to ITAR and CGD
- Candidates will be tested
- Must be willing and able to work the night shift 11pm to 7am
Collins Aerospace Systems is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.