The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Application development using Java/J2EE.
- Responsible for design, development, code review and at times writing complex modules/code
- Requirement gathering & understanding, analyze and convert functional requirements into concrete technical tasks and able to provide reasonable effort estimates
- Work pro-actively, independently and with global teams to address project requirements, and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risks
- Work effectively with global teams to leverage existing systems and solutions
- Demonstrate ownership and initiative taking
- Develop java based high throughput applications to serve function of data integration, data consumption and data generation
- Help build continuous integration environment
- Provide solution architecture for data feeds, data acquisition and reporting
- As and when required, work on BAU development requests
- Writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Views etc.
- Ensure that application development and enhancement is in line with Citi’s Coding Standards.
- 10-12+ yrs of overall IT experience
- Experience in design, solution architecting
- Working experience on Unix (Solaris/Linux)
- Experience in Database, Data Management, Distributed Data Management
- Experience in design, solution architecting
- Experience in Data and Reporting Frameworks
- Data Integration and Migration
- Experience in Hadoop -Hbase, Yarn, Cloudera, Spark, Kafka is Plus
- Perform Unit Testing, Performance/Load Testing all applications developed / enhancements
- Ability to own technical delivery/reported issues to completion
- Right attitude to gel well with the technology team locally/globally
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills is a must
- Experience in Finance Industry a plus
- 10-12 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - IN
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.