The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Purpose:The Global Equities Technology Department of Citi is currently looking to hire a C++ professional who will work with the Equities Core Services team.
C++ Developer with strong analytical and technical ability with 4-6 years of experience in software development using C++ under Linux and database. Able to work independently, good communication skills and ability to work with teams across multiple time zones.
Job Background/context:The candidate will work with high performing real-time equity trading server side applications. Team is responsible for development of high performance, distributed, real time systems used in global markets across financial asset class. The candidate will partner with the internal teams including the development, quality assurance and operations to deliver high throughput, low latency software solutions.
Key Responsibilities:Candidate should be hands on and have a strong analytical and technical ability with 4-6 years of experience in C++, Java, having worked in complex medium to large projects in a fast paced financial environment.
Strong communication skills are a key. The candidate is required to manage day-to-day delivery work, ensure adherence to process and quality, and identify project/program delivery risks and work on risk mitigation. Requires good analytical skills in order to prioritize and validate requirements from business and develop creative solutions to meet business needs.
- Design (high-availability, fault-tolerant, low latency)
- High end software development across different equities core services data projects
- Follow an agile development model and build high quality code
- Write technical design and testing documents and provide innovative technical solutions
- Unit testing, capacity tests and failure testing.
- Provide 3rd line support in hours and out of hours.
- Work effectively with global teams to leverage systems and solutions
- Participate in code reviews and discussions to develop a system which is scalable, easy to maintain, and efficient
- Communicate ideas clearly with a focus on how end-user functionality is impacted
- Respond to requirements (BRD) by producing functional requirements (FRD)
Development Value:The candidate will work with state of the art and complex high performing real-time equities applications. The candidate will work closely with partner systems and also gain in-depth knowledge of the Equities Business.
- Self-starter who is a quick learner of new tools and technologies. Experience in working on multiple technologies and medium to complex systems, well versed with design standards & framework
- Ability to work independently as well as with other team members and across teams in different time zones
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment where priority changes occur often
- Application troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Equities data experience is a plus.
- Strong, hands-on experience in C++,Java and database
- Experience in leveraging source control and code quality tools within SDLC process
- RDBMS – Sybase / Oracle
- Hands on experience in test driven development and automated testing tools like GTest
- Expertise in object oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- Experience in leveraging messaging TibcoEms, Solace
- Experience using source code control systems, such as STASH/GIT
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Able to research and solve complex technical issues in a timely manner
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.