City of Taguig, Philippines
Position Objective:Serves as a senior compliance risk analyst for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM)’s Assurance team responsible for assessing compliance risks and controls implemented by the first and second line of defense. Also responsible for performing risk assessments of Citi's compliance risks; performing independent assurance activities (testing and on-going monitoring) to assess the design and effectiveness of key controls designed to address compliance risk; reporting and escalating control issues and any violations of laws or breaches of policy; and validating adequacy of remediation taken to address reported issues.
Key Activities include:
- Developing, implementing, and executing compliance testing, continuous assurance, and reporting programs within an assigned region in accordance with the Compliance Assurance (CA) Plan
- Participating in the planning, executing, and reporting of compliance assurance reviews and compliance and regulatory issue validation activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity within an assigned region in accordance with CA Plan
- Analyzing and documenting report findings, and having preliminary discussions with corresponding control/process owners
- Assisting with development of Compliance Assurance Risk Assessments, Monitoring Monthly, and Quarterly Summaries and the development and enhancement of the Compliance Assurance Methodologies and Standards for auditing, testing, monitoring, and reporting
- Developing effective relationships within CA function and with other stakeholders including Business process owners and Internal Audit function
- Identifying industry best practices and share insight with the CA teams on a regular basis
- Informing CA management of significant compliance matters that require their attention or action
- Identifying compliance training resources and tools available centrally to support country/business compliance programs training and research needs
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in a financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus
Knowledge and Skill:
- Experience in planning, executing, and reporting on compliance testing reviews and regulatory issue validation activities
- Knowledge and extensive experience with auditing principles including audit planning, risk assessments, development of risks and controls matrices, processes and controls design assessments, controls operating effectiveness testing,transactional access segregation of duties, transactional testing, surveillance systems, and reporting activities
- Understanding of rules, laws, and regulations, and specific regulatory requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills for building strong relationships with stakeholders and engaging teams
- Effectiveness in working within a large scale and complex matrix organization is essential
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and “no surprises” approach in communicating issues, and strength in sustaining independent views
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in interacting with non-executives and executive management and across a number of business lines and control functions
- Willingness to travel
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Relevant experience of around 6 years
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - PH
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.