New York, New York
The VP is responsible for supporting the Global AML and KYC BCMA Risk Management team to ensure that BCMA operates and complies with global and local regulatory requirements in a way that facilitates business, but manages risk. We aim to provide a best in class service to our clients while maintaining our regulatory compliance standards and minimizing our risk.
- Build relationships with various internal and external audiences to ensure timely problem resolutions and to provide support for a range of audience needs and services
- Perform financial and operational investigations, including credit, foreign exchange, cash management and trade services, ensuring timely resolution and client satisfaction
- Partner with Product Partners and Relationship Managers to perform various activities for Know Your Client (KYC) requirements, including timely origination, monitoring, renewals and completion across all product and marketing levels
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Responsible for supporting the Global KYC BCMA RisK Manager in ensuring the KYC Operations Utility and AML/Compliance are responsive to Banking and client needs in order for BCMA to adhere to policies and meet committed goals of timeliness and quality of KYC records;
- Liaise with Regional BCMA teams that focus on AML/KYC and lead cross regional BCMA initiatives;
- Support BCMA including interfacing with clients when necessary to explain Citi’s overall approach to KYC risk
- Proactively develop strategic initiatives to improve KYC processes that impact BCMA with a goal to reduce administrative duplication
- Responsible for communicating policy and regulatory changes to BCMA with impact analysis
- Ensuring that the business is well positioned and staffed to execute against these policies;
- Reporting and monitoring progress against stated goals and objectives, including tracking EMEA On-time KYC record completion for all ICG products;
- Identifying emerging risks and opportunities to stated objectives as they arise;
- Highlighting business challenges to Regional & Global Management, KYC Operations Utility and AML/Compliance partners;
- Representing BCMA internally at various Governance & AML committees
- Re-inforce KYC Awareness program across all levels of BCMA to ensure Bankers are trained in the proactive management of AML/KYC risk, policies and procedures.
- Upholding a culture of Compliance and awareness in the BCMA.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or closely related areas of Business Administration
- Banking and Finance skills/experience (i.e., trade finance, corporate law, financial accounting, commercial lending theories, industry awareness, loan structuring, etc.) preferred
- AML/KYC skills/experience (i.e., Regulatory knowledge, ACAMS qualified, BSA awareness, risk management, etc.) preferred
- Ability to be client focused and results oriented
- Consistently demonstrate follow-up and organizational skills
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven planning, negotiation and analytical skills
- Consistently demonstrate a professional attitude
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- ------------------------------------------------ Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
- ----------------------------------------------------- Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.