Save JobRemoveJob ID: 492895BRDate posted: Jul. 29, 2019City: Colorado Springs, King of PrussiaState: Colorado, PennsylvaniaProgram: Space Security Programs
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This Systems Engineering position will involve support to a high-visibility program by extending the Open Missions Systems (OMS) and Universal C2 Interface (UCI) standards for use by multiple USG Space programs to achieve Enterprise interoperability objectives as part of a multi-company team.
The successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication skills, desire challenges and be willing to engage in frequent internal interactions with peers, teammates, and customers in other geographical locations.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Systems Engineering Background (e.g. systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification, system architecture and design)
- Previous experience in Space Operations or support to Space C2 programs
- TS / SCI clearances are required to start
- Processes/Methods: DoDAF, Requirements Decomposition, Agile/Scrum experience
- Domain: Command and Control, Battle Field Management/Command and Control (BMC2)
- Concepts: Orbital Mechanics & basic understanding of Space/Ground segments and related concepts / terminology (e.g., TLEs, VCMs, propagation, Space Weather, coordinate reference frames, inertial vs. relative navigation, orbit determination, Space Situation Awareness, Space-Ground communications, Operational Planning, etc.).
- Tools: Enterprise Architect, XMLSpy, Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Interface definition (IRS, IDD, SV-6, etc.)
- Open Architecture Management standards (OMS / UCI)
- XML Schema (XSD) development
- System of Systems Integration
- Experience working within a multi-company consortium
- Ability to support 25% travel
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: ESS4400 SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: System of Systems IntegrationClearance Level: TS/SCIType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: noWork Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2Shift: First