Save JobRemoveJob ID: 493348BRDate posted: Oct. 17, 2019City: LittletonState: ColoradoProgram: Critical Operations Readiness and Execution Team (CORE Team)
Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This Intern position will support the CORE Team Lead with various assignments. Mechanical skills are employed continuously. Tasks may include, but are not limited supporting the following:
- Plan, implement, test, document, and maintain solutions for the integration and testing of components, elements, subsystems and/or systems
- Writing and executing test procedures related to spacecraft handling, packaging and transporting
- Integrate customer requirements into system test solutions that account for technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Establish functional and technical specifications and standards, solve hardware/software interface problems, define input/output parameters, and ensure integration of the entire system or subsystem
- Preparation, loading, and transporting of spacecraft to launch locations
Basic Qualifications:Actively enrolled in a Electrical, Mechanical, Aeronautical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, or other related degree program from an accredited university/college.
This positions requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate be a US Citizen.
Desired Skills:Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Strong communication skills.
Knowledge of or classroom experience with:
- low voltage electrical diagnosis skills (up to 480 volts AC, 3-phase)
- Engineering drawings
Hands on experience with small hand tools Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Co-op/Summer InternBusiness Unit: ESS4400 SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Assembly/Integration and TestClearance Level: NoneType: Call-InVirtual Location: noWork Schedule: PART-TIME-less than 40 hrs/wk;Shift: First