Save JobRemoveJob ID: 506818BRDate posted: Oct. 21, 2019City: SunnyvaleState: CaliforniaProgram: GSE
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The drafter will work closely with engineers and designers to provide drafting and other defined services utilizing Creo to create new drawing packages and modify existing electronic drawings. The selected candidate will be responsible for completing layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices (ASME 14.5) and prepares complete production detail drawings. Responsibilities include:
- Use Creo to develop / modify 2D drawings and some 3D models including parts, assemblies, and installation engineering CAD files which are usable in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software packages.
- Plans, layouts, draws, and revises part, assembly, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, established references, notes and discussions with engineers and standard data
- Completes layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices or may develop complete major layouts of engineering drawings.
- Within parameters determines scaling required; inserts necessary reference planes, centering and dimension lines, hidden line interpolations, and sectioning; prepares specifcations for parts, assemblies, and installations; prepares complete production detail drawings; contributes design modifications to improve quality of product or facilitate manufacturing operations.
The ideal candidate will have good communications skills (both oral and written) and a background in Drafting processes.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Basic Qualifications:Qualified candidate will have or be able to:
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) modeling, drafting and release familiarity (Creo, I-Deas, Solid Works, etc.)
- Competent at handling multiple customers, tasks, and projects simultaneously
- Exhibit strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of industrial standards and federal regulations including ANSI, OSHA, and AWS (including AWS weld symbology)
- EPDM Windchill experience
- Creo experience
Desired Skills:Desirable candidate will have or be able to:
- Proficiency with ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Excellent communicator, self-starter and must have extreme attention to detail
- Familiar with the development of Special Tooling (ST) / Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) used for the manufacture, integration, test, transport, and handling of spacecraft and associated critical hardware
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Hourly/Non-ExemptBusiness Unit: ESS4400 SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Mechanical EngineeringClearance Level: NoneType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: noWork Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2Shift: First