Save JobRemoveJob ID: 506363BRDate posted: Oct. 21, 2019City: LittletonState: ColoradoProgram: SWAP
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Looking to jumpstart your career? Join the Software Associate Degree Program (SWAP) within Lockheed Martin Space. SWAP is a three-year development program designed to attract, develop, and retain early-career technical specialists in software development and cyber-related careers. Students are accepted in the program before they graduate with their associate degree to accelerate the clearance process and prepare them to join Lockheed Martin after graduation.
As a SWAP participant, you will join one of our dynamic programs and perform software engineering assignments. As an employee you would have the opportunity to work with diverse disciplines, in a team environment to reach a common goal. You will participate in specialized training, assigned a mentor and immediately eligible for the tuition reimbursement program.
Highlands Ranch, CO
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Currently enrolled in a related Engineering Associate Degree Program, such as Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Assurance/Cyber Security or related discipline.
- Ideal student accepted into the program one year prior to graduation to begin the clearance process once accepted.
- Demonstrated effective communications, both written and verbal.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance required for this role.
- Interest and motivation in obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree and future technical roles within Lockheed Martin.
Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Software Engineering - HTML. CSS, XML, SQL, TSQL, JAVA, C++, C#, AGILE/SCRUM, .NET
- Systems Engineering - SOA, J2EE, .NET Architecture
- Network experience - LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, IP Protocol
- Test Engineering - Windows, Unix, Linux
- Information Security Domain knowledge
- System architecture
- Database experience
- Effective presentation skills
- Lean Thinking/Six Sigma experience
- MS Office experience
- Prior customer service experience
- Problem solver/solution focused
- Flexibility/teamwork oriented
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Hourly/Non-ExemptBusiness Unit: ESS4400 SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Software EngineeringClearance Level: TS/SCIType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: noWork Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2Shift: First