Wendell, United States of America
Commercial Project Management Development Program – Full Time position
Are you passionate about learning and would like to have a future in the industry of Commercial Project Management?
If so, you should start by joining Siemens to be a part of the Commercial Project Management Development Program (CPMDP).
Siemens is a global pioneer company driving the industries of electrification, automation and digitalization that require innovative solutions.
Here at Siemens, we are always looking for multi-talented individuals to join the two year CPMDP Program that will provide training and exposure to the commercial side of project management. This program provides the opportunity to work in different facets of the project lifecycle. You will have the chance to work within areas such as: Finance, Accounting, Contract Management, Manufacturing, Risk Management, and Supply Chain. During your internship program, you will gain experience working in an exciting and fast paced environment learning a highly formalized project management process. You can expect to complete a core curriculum designed to equip you with the necessary tools for success and career advancement in the exciting field of Commercial Project Management. Upon graduating from college, if selected to join Siemens, you will be presented with the change to undergo a program rotation to an exciting new assignment every 6 months and therefore will need to be willing and able to relocate within the United States. The 4 rotations are categorized as (1) Project Bid, (2) Financial Controlling, (3) Project Execution, and (4) Operations.
The location of the CPMDP will be anywhere across the U.S. contingent upon the demand of any one of the following Operating Companies: Mobility, Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power or Digital Industries.
While in the program, program YOU will learn and have the opportunity to:
- How to apply the PM@Siemens process to Project Management and the basics of Commercial Project Management
- Project Execution (claim management, change order calculation) and project bidding (analyze contracts, pricing, customer interfacing)
- Operations (manufacturing, procurement and logistics) and Key financial metrics pertaining to Projects
- Ability to accurately forecast a Customer Project and measure and manage project deliverables
- Manage & forecast cash and risk & opportunity management
- Initiation and implementation of new processes
- Understanding various Project Management tools, Team Center, Primavera, Microsoft Project
- ERP Systems – SAP, JD Edwards, Oracle, etc along with CRM Systems – SalesForce.com, Philos, etc.
- Collaboration with other functions (legal, sales, finance, project management, business development, procurement, manufacturing, logistics, and engineering)
What do I need to Qualify for this position?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Business Management or a technical degree with a concentration in one of the previously mentioned degrees is required
- GPA minimum requirement: 3.0
- Be willing to relocate for the rotation assignment every 6 months based off of rotation needs (we will provide financial assistance for those who need to relocate more than 50 miles from their permanent address)
- Familiarity and comprehension of finance, accounting, procurement, manufacturing, contract review, logistics, negotiations and strategy
Job ID: 180045
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time