Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU…Protect This House?!
The Sr. Lead, Cross Category Planning will partner and collaborate with Category Merchandise Planners, Category Merchants, and cross functional planning partners in operations, go-to-market and regions. This position plays a key role in fostering connectivity of the global strategy across multiple categories -- driving data-informed insights that influence financial targets and architecture. Reporting to the Sr. Principal of Global Merchandise Planning, the role will also facilitate synchronization and simplification of planning deliverables as well as ongoing process optimization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic guidance and key business analysis to inform and influence seasonal cross category strategy and architecture
- Facilitate top-line target setting of sales growth, demand, style and SKU counts, productivity and article flow for all categories for each GTM season
- Work with Sr. Director of Global Planning to develop, align and execute on critical process evolutions to deliver continued improvements to global merchandise planning process
- Perform on-going analytics and reporting on key dept/classes, seasonal Tier1 stories and cross category initiatives
- Support cross-category processes and deliverables such as allocations, asset management reporting, quarterly business review, and global sell-through reporting
- Review and analyze complex historical data/trends to influence future forecasts and to inform strategies and action plans.Asses business risks and opportunities and drive alignment with cross functional partners
- Develop and foster strong partnerships with Global Merchandise Planners, Category Merchants, Regional Planning Partners, and Planning Operations
- Strong analytical skills to collect, process and interpret data from multiple sources to influence product strategies and seasonal plans.
- Leadership skills to provide a point of view to teammates and drive Planning and Merchant vision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with proven ability to distill complex information to gain alignment, consensus and support with cross functional stakeholders.
- Track record of hitting time lines and deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Strong aptitude in retail math, planning methodology and advanced Excel skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or related work experience.
- Minimum 8 years merchandise planning, business planning, inventory or other financial planning experience.
- Travel – less than 10%
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.