Location: Hershey, PA
Duration: January - June 2020
Category Management Intern
SummaryBy coming to The Hershey Company, not only will you have the sweetest internship on Earth, you will have fun and learn more than you thought possible in a six-month time span. Our interns are exposed to high-level projects stemming from top management, meaning plenty of exposure for you as you look to make connections and build your career. You will understand the entire business, learn all relevant measures to the industry, and become a pro with data analytics. You will use Excel daily and become a power user.
Our interns are considered actual employees and contribute to projects similar to our analysts. No worries though, we help you get there through extensive training. 100% of students who have gone through the program would recommend it to a friend and most interns cite enjoying the people they work with and feeling as though they were part of the team as the top reasons to intern here!
- Effectively utilize the company’s resources to develop insights and impact overall company performance
- Utilizing data to build sales stories, general insights, and develop tools to help others track performance
- Help answer overarching business questions from top leadership using available resources including data and advanced tools
- Weekly Display Inventory Reports & Reorders
- “Merchandising Magic” website enhancements & sell sheet updates
- Weekly Ad Tracker
- Competitive Tracker – Yammer review for Competitive Displays and POS Inspiration
- White Space Innovation (Millennial perspective) – What’s the next big idea? Sound/Motion/Smell???
- Merchandising Solution Design briefs – Graphics assets, Shopper Insight/Challenge, the retailer specs
- Branded Experience – Reese’s PBC Focus – How do we leverage the Iconic Reese brand at retail
- RSR support – Responsible for up to 3 stores to gain broad knowledge of role
- ROI P&L Tool
- 2019 Rack Hardware Budget support – PSD’s & Carry-in displays budgets by month and by retailer
- GCIC (Customer Meeting Scorecards, Survey Monkey & Set-Up Support)
- Networking - Meet and Greets
- Education: At least a college sophomore
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Experience with Microsoft Excel in the workplace, long-term project or internship
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft PowerPoint
- At least one previous internship
- Data analytics in a previous job, internship, or school project
- College Junior or Senior
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans